Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

DEUTSCH NINE completes prototype of the 968 Turbo RS type II wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that makes a lot of sense mike! Where did you get yours?
Old 03-27-2009, 03:28 PM
future
Banned

Sorry for the delayed response chaps, please see my comments below:

Will the center section also work with OEM adjuster plates and be perfectly flush with OEM side components?
Hi, sorry no it won’t as our fixings are a lot stronger and the holes mounted in different places however you can always modify ours to fit but as a note the factory unit was also very poorly made with both side being quite different

so from what i understand the price is only for the wing part, which will mount to a stock 968 hatch that retains the stock trim?

any plans for a non adjustable one piece spoiler and trim that will mount on a regular 944 hatch for us wannabe 951 guys?
Yes Borys, the price is for the centre wing and side mounts plus all other hardware i.e. the adjuster plates and all fixings.

Our TRS V2 will fit to a stock 951/2, S2 and early 944 hatch frame.

I don't think its clear if we get the 3 black trim pieces that mount to the hatch.If they are included then count me in for my 951.Beni, I will email on the other stuff we talked about thanks Joel
Sorry we have no plans to make/copy the OEM side and rear trim pieces as these are available from Porsche and not expensive plus the OEM quality is exceptionally good. TCONN has suggested that our wing could mount to Patrick’s (CPR) 3-piece trim kit. Yes this is possible so can Patrick please confirm how your side panels fix to the hatch please?

The problem with this it seems is the same as the AIR TRS wing.... it is designed for a 968 hatch and requires additional cost to mount on a 951 hatch.

Can D9 please confirm if this is the case here? Is this going to be offered as a complete bolt on kit for 951 hatches?
Hi Ryan, we have designed the kit based around the OEM side panels which can be retro fitted to a 951/2 hatch with no problems. The only difference with a 968 hatch frame is that along the rear edge there are an additional 4 tabs to mount the center section to. The center section can be mounted to a 951/2 frame with urethane sealer very easily with a clean finish.

What is the exchange rate at the moment?
Today’s exchange rate is (Euro/$ USD) is: 1 Euro = 1.32 $USD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Looks awesome guys, as a suggestion, I would NOT use a slider for wing adjustments. Use seperate holes (yes this SLIGHTLY limits the range of adjustment.) This will allow the customer to just insert hardware as a place setter rather than holding what the actual downward force of the wing is creating.
Thanks Mike this was brought up on the 968 board also and after testing your suggestion proves to be the best way forwards which is exactly what we are doing.

P.S. Never seen your side adjuster plates before – Can I ask where you got your wing. Essential ours are very similar but with absolute perfect fit and finish.

We expect to be in a position to serial produce in about 3 weeks tops so I’ll keep everyone posted and include pics when painted and fitted to our development 968 car plus we will fit to our 951 also so will take pics of that to

Best regards,
Mark
Old 03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

You must have been reading my mind Mark
Old 03-27-2009, 04:01 PM
spencang
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Sidebar: Where can I get the rockers on the car in your avatar?
Old 03-27-2009, 04:05 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

I can't wait to see more
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keithr726
Yes that makes a lot of sense mike! Where did you get yours?
Mike's is an original Porsche wing!
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Our TRS V2 will fit to a stock 951/2, S2 and early 944 hatch frame.
Mark
Can we get a link to that? Are you saying you have a version where we wouldn't need to poney up for additional trim pieces? Either way I want one.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

John, you want the trim pieces, trust me it looks REALLY odd (and not in a good way) without them.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think what future is saying is that the spoiler will mount to any hatch frame, same as the 968 hoop spoiler (factory or aftermarket) will mount to any hatch frame (note i did mention trim pieces). I do not believe they intend to use the original trim pieces for a 944 specific application. Basically all the mounting points for the rear hatch spoilers are exactly the same (notice i did not say trim pieces in that sentence). Im not exactly sure how the factory trim pieces mount on the side of the car, but my guess is they use studs similar to the trim for original spoiler. There are two different types of fiberglass trim floating around which make use of studs (i have this style with my 968 wing) and with no studs that require you to use 3M trim tape to bond to the hatch frame. Both methods work fine and i have used the trim tape installing on my friends car.

The center trim portion mounting is somewhat unique to the 968 wing you buy.. i have seen one type that mounts only at the end of the hatch frame and the one on my car had some fiberglassed mounting tabs with speed nuts embedded on that lined up with the original holes along the edge of the frame. For the factory trim piece in the center, you can make some simple aluminum brackets that bolt onto the hatch frame. The advantage of the factory trim is that it obviously fits perfectly, aswell has the 3rd brake light in the trim itself. The fiberglass trim for the most part (atleast with the 3 sets i have some across) fit reasonably well and only require a little final fitment (some trimming) to make fit right.

I am very interested in the development of the D9 wing and look forward to seeing pictures of the completed production product. I dont have the money to commit right now, but will definitely buy one sometime in July when i start working full time. Hopefully the exchange rate is still favorable for us..atleast i can sell my 968 wing to recoup some cost .
Old 03-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The side trim pieces costs over 200 EUR per piece so I suppose there is a market for aftermarket ones.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Jere
Intermediate

IF the aftermarket ones are made the proper way I believe there should be markets for them. I tried to install bad ones few years ago on my friends 951 as I fitted similar wing originally bought from Van-Zweeden. Ylgh... The wing it self took me almost 3 working days to fit as it would have been made in Weissach. Then when I started fo fit the sides and that rear middle piece, oh boy... Took another 3 days to make them fit the proper way.

Next time I just go and buy originals, if I want to make ****ty fiberglass to fit like OEM.

By the way, Mark? Have you made any advance on that flap in the end of the bonnet? I know Olli discussed withyou abut the issue last fall, but the issue have been kinda forgotten by all of us.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Duke
The side trim pieces costs over 200 EUR per piece so I suppose there is a market for aftermarket ones.
+1 !

These stupid pieces are too expensive...
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Yep, know about the Van Zweden piece. We discovered it's 'quality' recently. They even put two different size fittings in parts that need to be joined together! As in side support has an 8mm insert and the center wing is 10mm or something like that. Then the insert in the side support is only lightly fibreglassed in, so that fell inside the hollow part pretty quickly. Oh, and it's not like it cost $20, it was very expensive. Not to mention their c/f hood.
Nope, wait for one of these D9 products is my advice.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:47 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Okay so Patrick can you help us out with the required trim pieces?
Old 03-28-2009, 09:05 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Okay so Patrick can you help us out with the required trim pieces?
I think so.

D9 and I have had some PM's about this, and if I read the last PM correctly, Mark will provide me a sample unit for mating purposes. I will not know until then if what I have will work OR if I should just start making something here from scratch. Although the more I think it, the more I would like to do a solid epoxy trim and base and get away from source FG.

FWIW.....I did have a customer who purchased the AIR TRS wing and bolted it up to the sides/base trim I have....so I would think it would be fine.

I am not sure seperately, but I think around $200-220 for all the trims as it stands now. Closer to 330.00-355.00 for the solid epoxy.

Quick Reply: DEUTSCH NINE completes prototype of the 968 Turbo RS type II wing