Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need a temporary seat solution,steering wheel,door panels

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 09:09 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by INURGRL951
I would like one of those dashe covers was that a one off??
Its a one off.
Originally Posted by Duke
The dash looks amazing. Overall I'm very impressed with your project to build a perfect street car.
Very few people do that. Keep it up
Thankyou so much. Its picking up some steam now. I hope in the next 60 days to be real close to finished(for now anyways). Your car has always been on of my favorite 951's. You've made your car truely unique and different. My hopes are to do the same with this car.
Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
john, me and you can change out the dash in about a hour if you wanna go at it. there is nothing hard about it.
You keep saying that but, I was on the phone with a pro and he said 7hrs to remove old properly and put in a new one. This is NOT something I wish to toy with and screw up but, if you are confident you can really aid well see if we can work something out.

Seats should arrive tomorrow. Car is headed to Advanced Auto on monday here's a list of whats being done.

Rear wheel bearings
Rear brakes
Coolant/brake system flush and refill
Balljoints
front swaybar bushings
Grease injection on poly bushings
lowered 1" in front .5" in rear
corner balance, and alignment
power steering leak fix
Full road worthy inspection to make sure the car is 100%
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:21 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

So turns out my dash won't work. I've already ordered a different one(black over linen). Should arrive next week and we will install it then. I can't thank Max(Vodoo) enough for his help. He took out my old dash in no time and I was really impressed. He has agreed to help me install my complete new interior. Sucks I don't have the dash sorted but, come next week we will. Doors, rear speaker cards, etc due in Friday.

The seats are due in today sometime and if they come in Max and I will be putting those in too. I'll keep you guys posted. Oh and the windshield repair went very well. I was very satisified with the work put in and its tip top. Overall even with the setbacks on this car I couldn't be more pleased.

My boost gauge is Fixed!!! When it was at the windsheild repair shop they moved around my a-pillar enough to aggrevate this leak I've been having. I literally got in the car and could hear the air escaping. I looked over at my gauge and it was reading zero vaccum and I was like "ahhh ha!" We replaced the ripped section and now my gauge works properly!

I had the boost low on purpose for safety(after the incident with overboost) and so last night was the first night I really dialed it up trusting the boost gauge(Its only been reading 11-12 forever). Well the car just transformed all over again. 16 cresting to 17psi the car just Hauled *****. This thing is so quick. I was really shocked and pleased.

God I can't wait till the fest and I can see what it makes.
Old 05-14-2009 | 02:55 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

So turns out my dash won't work.
John, why not? I thought all late dashes were interchangeable.
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:27 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
He has the upper half and the lower half has been cut off. That setup was ment for a track car not for the kinda car hes looking to build. We decided that we could cut the bottom half off and pair them together but it wouldn't be good enough, kinda half asses.

John what happend this the sketchy NP kids that were video taping you talking too that one crack head?
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:29 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fbgh2o
The dash was modified in such a way that it would work if you didn't care about things like heat/air/center console/ducting/etc but, since I'm trying to build a nice street car with all of those things it will not work for my application.

Its basically a total loss and its my fault for not knowing exactly what it was I was buying. Dash would be perfect for a race car but, for a street car however it will not work so I'm just going to have to eat it I already coughed up the dough for another dash(this time a complete one) and its on the way.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread. Look what came in today.

They are even better quality than I could have hoped for. Worth every penny!
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:33 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

He has the upper half and the lower half has been cut off. That setup was ment for a track car not for the kinda car hes looking to build. We decided that we could cut the bottom half off and pair them together but it wouldn't be good enough, kinda half asses.

John what happend this the sketchy NP kids that were video taping you talking too that one crack head?
Precisely. Max has been a HUGE help with this interior process. At the end of the day I'm not looking to cut any corners so I'm just going to have to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

Max the kids were fine they just wanted to know all about the car. I really struggled to understand why the car gets so much attention exactly because it never did in Dallas and I think its the new wheels, matched with everything else on the car. It sounds mean and just looks like someones custom toy(and it is). So people just respond way differently than they ever have. I was approached two more times when I left your place when I got back home and went to the grocery store. I'm getting used to people wipping out cameras around the car now(I used to think they were doing "research").

I get followed and bugged every single day I drive it.

Btw did you get my text?
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:45 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

yeah i got your text well do it tomorrow thats fine with me. yeah idk nice cars are rare around here and yours is a very nice car. A friend of mine has a GT2 and gets swarmed whenever he brings it into town.
Old 05-14-2009 | 04:48 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah i got your text well do it tomorrow thats fine with me. yeah idk nice cars are rare around here and yours is a very nice car. A friend of mine has a GT2 and gets swarmed whenever he brings it into town.
I'm really looking forward to putting these seats in! I've sat in them and god they are nice. I'm almost glad no one ever really came up with a nice black set for me to buy. This was defenetely the route to take.
Old 05-14-2009 | 06:28 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

If you still need the tray for under the radio i have one i dont need anymore.
Old 05-14-2009 | 06:37 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
If you still need the tray for under the radio i have one i dont need anymore.
No I sourced that along with new switches and a few other things from 944online. Thankyou though.
Old 05-14-2009 | 06:47 PM
tman
Pro

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I'm really looking forward to putting these seats in! I've sat in them and god they are nice. I'm almost glad no one ever really came up with a nice black set for me to buy. This was defenetely the route to take.
Hey, now we have the same seats too. Killer seats for the price IMO.
If you are using the corbeau sliders you may want to space the front of the seat up.
I'm 6' and my legs didn't rest on front part of the seat at all.
I spaced mine up about 1.5".
Old 05-14-2009 | 06:55 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by tman
Hey, now we have the same seats too. Killer seats for the price IMO.
If you are using the corbeau sliders you may want to space the front of the seat up.
I'm 6' and my legs didn't rest on front part of the seat at all.
I spaced mine up about 1.5".
Great minds think alike I'm 6"1. Can you share with me exactly how you do this modification.
Old 05-14-2009 | 07:02 PM
tman
Pro

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Great minds think alike I'm 6"1. Can you share with me exactly how you do this modification.
I got some longer bolts and washers to go inbetween the seat and the bracket.
I also ended up cutting an inch off the seatfoam rear section - I like to sit kinda low in the car.
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:55 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

porshhhhh951, trick I was told by a fellow Rennlister and local guy (951and944s) is to find several small rubber o-rings and put one on each screw that you use to install your dash. I didn't the first time I installed the dash and had some minor but still annoying rattles. I took my dash out last week and re-installed with the o-rings and all rattles are now gone. Second, behind the triangular plastic endplates of the dash put some foam window sealent tape where the endplates contact the dash (towards the front). Also install the same where the center console meets with the dash (at the radio mount). Last, make sure you take the time to clean out the a/c duct work while it's all open and available to you. You may be surprised at the crap that can accumulate in there.

Oh one more thing, go buy several #8 black interior screws and replace any that look bad. I think I bought both half-inch and three quarters. Note that this is also a great time to straighten out any wiring that needs it, change the center console switches if needed etc.
Old 05-14-2009 | 08:59 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

If he gets the stuff ill do it for him. Tman mind sending me more information on the mods too make the seat work?

Quick Reply: Need a temporary seat solution,steering wheel,door panels