944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

(yet another) offset question...

Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question (yet another) offset question...

Well, I tried searching but couldnt quite find the answers I'm looking for... so to anyone who can help me out.... THANKS!

I have a lowered 86 951 that I'm getting a set of wheels for tomorrow.

The wheels are 17 x 7.5 front and 17 x 9.5 rear, Cup I wheels.

The PO told me the offsets are 52mm front and 47mm rear.

I have a set of 4 stock spacers from an 83 944, not sure exactly how thick they are in mm but they are at least about an inch. If I had them with me I'd go out and measure to be exact, but you guys probably know which ones I'm referring to.

The tires that are mounted are low profile and stretched, so I'd like to get them as close to the fenders as possible without rubbing.

So my question I guess is... If I get longer studs, will I be able to run these wheels with those factory spacers and obtain a good fitment? Or will I need different size spacers for the front and rear?

Another couple questions... What are the stock stud lengths on an 86 951? I think if I find out exactly what size spacers I'll need, it will be easy to figure out how much longer the studs should be, but I can't seem to find the stock size listed.

So once again, thank you to anyone who can help me out!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:27 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

In order of your questions

(1) Yes you will be able to run the,. Stock offset is 23 mm. With 1" (25mm) spacers this should be okay depending on the tire, but may be not ideal. This is a really good tool to help you figure it out. http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/info_specs.jsp

(2) 45mm IIRC http://members.rennlist.com/951_race...Q-spacers.html

Last edited by fbgh2o; 03-06-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: link dead

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: (yet another) offset question...