Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cool in-car track video

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cool in-car track video

A person from the POC (Martin Reinhardt www.reinhardtracing.com) recorded this last Deceber 2008. It is their in-car video, but since he's chasing me, I found it a rather unique perspective.

The first one shows the start of the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACd-S5_rPA

The second link is where the white 911, shown as the 2nd position in the start, chases me around the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTvZkIPBkM

TonyG
Old 03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love your videos.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Cool.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:45 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a great perspective.

He just got a little loose at the wrong time
Old 03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

nice!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That rear wing looks great!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Bill N
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice drive, Tony!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

Nice job, out of curiosity how do they class you in POC?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:06 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by Wormhole
Nice job, out of curiosity how do they class you in POC?
They don't (yet) because of the engine. But give 'em time.... there will be a lot more LSx 944s around very soon.

Currently the car runs in the EX class which is where all the BMW's, Vettes, Ferrari's, etc... run. So for now, I don't run for points. The deal is that the POC Cup licensed drivers are some of the best amateurs you can run with (uhem... most of them... some are pros, but we won't go there...). It's a different class of driver. Just the opportunity to race with them is enough.

But hey... The car is currently registered, with interior, quiet, with license plates, driven to and from the track, on Nitto NT01 tires :-) Look at the cars (39 total in that race) that I ran against. There might been 1 or 2 besides me that are street driven cars.

However... I'm trying to get enough people (6 or 7) to form a 944 LS1 spec class within the POC. If I could do that, we'd see a lot more 944s racing in general. That would be a blast.

TonyG
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Wallace
Racer

In the second video, around 5:55, did you make contact with the yellow 911?
If not, it sure looked close!
Had he not cut you off, you would've flown right passed him.
Great videos!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Paseb
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

your car is pushing hard!!! nice man, keep it up
Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by Wallace
In the second video, around 5:55, did you make contact with the yellow 911?
If not, it sure looked close!
Had he not cut you off, you would've flown right passed him.
Great videos!
Yes.... That's a 996 Cup Car. He lost it trying to stick the pass (in probably the worst place possible on that track), went sideways, and collected me, and shot me off the track. By the time the dust cleared, they were long gone.

But... while it was his fault, it was a racing incident with no bad intentions. We gave each other plenty of room. I knew he would be going in way too fast because he could not apex the corner properly from the inside (you know the rule... turn to soon, run out of room...) and that he would probably go way wide. That's why I let off, dived to the inside, and was going to race him down the hill, which would have put me on the inside down the back straight and around fast turn 8 & 9. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. And honestly, that's a 996 Cup Car on slicks. He should be able to beat me all day long in a street driven 951 no matter the engine. So for me, running in the front of the pack until that incident is all I could have asked for.

After this next event, I'm moving off of NT01's to Hoosiers (which will be considerably faster), putting in a roll cage, and removing some rear sheet metal (spare tire well, etc...). I'm gonna get another 100lbs out of the car through the seat, tires/rims, sheet metal removal.

TonyG
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 AM
95ONE
Race Car

You saw the 911 slide out. (your brakes) then you tried to pass him when he was in a slide pointed your way. ..... bad driving on his part but.......
Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TonyG
Yes.... That's a 996 Cup Car. He lost it trying to stick the pass (in probably the worst place possible on that track), went sideways, and collected me, and shot me off the track. By the time the dust cleared, they were long gone.

But... while it was his fault, it was a racing incident with no bad intentions. We gave each other plenty of room. I knew he would be going in way too fast because he could not apex the corner properly from the inside (you know the rule... turn to soon, run out of room...) and that he would probably go way wide. That's why I let off, dived to the inside, and was going to race him down the hill, which would have put me on the inside down the back straight and around fast turn 8 & 9. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. And honestly, that's a 996 Cup Car on slicks. He should be able to beat me all day long in a street driven 951 no matter the engine. So for me, running in the front of the pack until that incident is all I could have asked for.

After this next event, I'm moving off of NT01's to Hoosiers (which will be considerably faster), putting in a roll cage, and removing some rear sheet metal (spare tire well, etc...). I'm gonna get another 100lbs out of the car through the seat, tires/rims, sheet metal removal.

TonyG
sick
Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by TonyG

TonyG
The roll cage will weigh in around 100lbs at least though. That's the beast I'm fighting right now. I'm removing a bunch of weight in hopes that after the cage install, I wont be any heavier than before the cage.

Quick Reply: Cool in-car track video