Old 03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Van
FWIW, I pick up my 944 by extending the front arms and going all the way into the inner frame rails. This will prevent any damage to the front fender due to that inner jack point deflecting (which many do...)
Use the frame rails - the jacking points you are using tend to fail and crumple.

BTW (I haven't read all the posts so I hope I am not Enzoing) - a lot of the oil on the passenger side may be from years of oil changes - each one will dump up to a quart when the filter comes off.

Clean the bottom side of the car off and drive it for a while to see where is really leaking.

NAPA has a 3M brake cleaner that works great - also kills brain cells fast...
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I had a lift! Your tranny needs help, most of them don't leak at all. It looks more like oil from your oil pan and or your balance shafts. When you reseal the front of your engine, be sure to buy new metal collars for the seals. Use liberal amounts of brake cleaner to degrease the bottom of your car. My input shaft on my tranny is starting to seep, so that will be fun to replace. I guess that is what I get for using synthetic tranny oil.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Paseb,

I changed 3 gearbox in the same week, a few days ago. I'm finishing mine this weekend. If you want to come see, you're welcome. Ask Sysgen if he wants to come too!

C.

Quick Reply: Car lift installed!!!, first look under the car = outch