Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

BEWARE aUTOTHORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MPD47
lolz @ This guy sending me threatening PM's.
Mike,
C'mon man...just go in your stockroom over there @ Autothority and send him some new chips
Old 02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I need is you, Guns, and Rolex to start making jokes like that and people will actually think I work for them!

Old 03-02-2009, 02:04 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MPD47
All I need is you, Guns, and Rolex to start making jokes like that and people will actually think I work for them!

Wait! Did you quit?

Hey New Guy,
Leave MPD alone. He doesn't work for autoauthority, he's a good guy, with LOTS of info for our board, and it's bad form to come here and act like an ***.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:16 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok

ok,
i've left him alone, but perhaps you should take notice of his posts. i was just trying to relate a bad experience that i had. it seems to me like he was just being insulting, not helpfull. so what if i don't type using perfect grammar? in my opinion, no need to be condesending or insulting. i'm a memeber on several other boards and highly respected on them. i know how to behave here, that's one of the reasons i pm'd my personal feelings towards him, instead of posting them to the thread. live and let live, eh?
marco
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
CPR
Race Director

Much better tone

Welcome back.

edit:That sounds wrong....no bad intention ...you know what I mean.

Last edited by CPR; 03-02-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Marco, what issues are you having with your APE MAF setup?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

Default here's the situation

first of all, thanks for asking what my issues are!!!

My issue isn't specifically with the MAF system,,i had it as a suspect cause it wasn't stock equipment on the car. I was trying to diagnostic info from APE, diagrams, voltages etc. I have since re-installed the stock equipment, except the chips, i don't have stock ones, the car originally came to me with APE stage 2's in it, so they are back in in the original DME and KLR.
The problem wi the car is a very intermittant missfire/stumble/ loss of power. The simptom is very hard to reproduce also. I think that i've found a way to make it more consistant, but not totally sure yet. If i drive the car and pull first gear to about 4,000rpm shift quick to 2nd and ride second out till about 3800 to 4500 rpm, with only 10-15% throttle the car will do it, most times. this is just how i seem to be able to reproduce/induce it. the issue can happen whenever it want's to though. once it begins, i have to let off the gas, let the car come down in rpms(sometimes to idle) and then it runs fine again untill next time.
here's the diagnostic list i've been through. fuel volume test(by the book) pass, more than 850cc's in 30 sec, fuel pressure, correct 29-30 psi at idle, bridge the relay(not runnning) get 2.6 bar, pull vacum line off fpr while running and pressure comes up 8-9 psi. drive the car with fuel pressure guage strung into cabin to observe fuel pressure while simptom is present, no loss of fuel pressure.
tested coil resistance - primary .7ohms very close to spec, but coil was pretty warm at the time, swapped coil for MSD coil and test drove, problem still there.
ohm tested all plug wires, all at 2.9 to 3.0 Kohms(in spec), new cap and rotor, 2 sets new plugs.
hooked up labscope/oscilliscope and veiwed patterns for speed and reference sensors, patterns looked just like the book, and were above the minimum 2.5 volts the book says.
Ohm tested all the fuel injectors, all within spec, but not all the same, two were 3.5 ohms and two were 5.5 ohms.
tested (ohms) coil wire too, it was good.
have tried wiggling/ moving wires around at idle while hooked up to igniton secondary on labscope, but patterns look great and i can't reproduce the simptom without a load on the engine. VERY ANNOYING THIS IS!!!!!!!!
my next mission is to go back to my speed and reference sensors and tap in the DME and try to watch the patterns on a test ride, fortunately for me i have a portable oscilliscope.
if you have any ideas or directions for me to go, i would greatly appreciate it!!! any and all help is welcomed!!!!!
One important factor here, all this began AFTER i replaced my headgasket. the gasket failed and let coolant into number one. head was professionally rebuilt by a great shop, used Lindsey Race valve springs and a stock Victor Reinz gasket set. before doing the job compression was over 150 in all cylinders, and car ran great!!! Car ran great for 12 days after the job too, so it's very hard for me to tell if there is any relation, and honestly I don't think that there is, i've of course been back over my work, and there are no vacum leaks found either, (smoke tested with a GREAT tool from Redline), no connectors undone,,,,,,,so i'm beginning to get a little frustrated.
any help?
marco
Old 03-02-2009, 11:33 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

When you switch to the stock AFM + associated chip, does the problem go away?

It's good that you are able to reproduce the problem, it makes things much easier to diagnose.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

hey John,
thanks for getting back so quick!!! Unfortunately the problem is still there once i put the stock stuff back on, thus i'm thinking that issue isn't the MAF setup, which i'm kinda happy about cause i did like the way it ran with it!!! the MAF setup is the complete kit, chips sensor, j tube, air filter, harness adapter, all plug and play, and i was lucky enough to have a spare set of DME/KLR, so i can pull and switch the whole deal pretty easy. But like i said, the problem is still there even with the stock stuff, so i don't think it's the MAF stuff, any idea's?
marco
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

almost forgot,,,
susbstituted the TPS with a new one too!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:42 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Now that we know it's not the MAF, look at the followings:

- TPS - measure it at the KLR (0-5V clean signal?)
- Did you check plug wires, plugs, cap + rotor?
- Disconnect O2 sensor - any change

See what you get and we'll add to the list.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

also,,,,,
tested 02 sensor out put, was kinda low, wouldn't make more than .7 volts, so i put a new one in, it makes better numbers, but didn't change anything,,,,,CO is set at .8 ahead of CAT,,,,,kinda lucky again that i have my own 4gas.... sensor readings and co behavior is as it should be right now.

marco
Old 03-02-2009, 11:45 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

Cap and rotor are new, and i swept both of my TPS units, original and new at the switch, but not at the KLR, i can do that though, no problem.
marco
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
marcodarq
Intermediate

i also double checked that the rotor bolt was indeed tight and not allowing the rotor to shift!!

I greatly appreciate you taking your time to help me here, just tell me what i can do to repay you!!!!!!
marco
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 AM
CPR
Race Director

Marco,
So there was no problem with your Autothority Products?

Quick Reply: BEWARE aUTOTHORITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!