Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question for those w/ open element filter and Sakiou catch can

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Question for those w/ open element filter and Sakiou catch can

I just recently installed these, and notice moisture in the can. When installing some hard pipes and other things, there was alot of moisture in the air as rain mist was blowing under the carport. Next day I found moisture when I emptied the can, Did not smell much like anything. Today the same, also I see condensation from the tailpipe, upon throttle it blow black sludge out. I was raining a bit when I drove last night, then I drove about 75 miles on a clear day today. I dont think it is coolant, Hope not after just finishing a HG job. Curious if those with the open element and the catch can noticed this, esp after rainy or humid days. Also there is a bit of moisture on the top of the oil cap, changed the oil since on the track yesterday and all looked good.

Thanks
Steve
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 PM
DrZ1
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Another thought is I had cleaned out my intercooler as well, with a cleaner forget the name, but recomened since dont want water in system. Possibly it is still working out. I flushed ,drained it, and aired out w/compressed air. But I would think after 300 miles and 2 sessions on the track, I would have any residual out.

Steve

Quick Reply: Question for those w/ open element filter and Sakiou catch can