Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

if you think working on a 951 is tough...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
haha i could care less if anyone believes me but if it makes you all tingly come to my shop ill let you know when he actually ponies up the money to replace the turbos.

hes building his drag car right now so moneys all going to that.
I have done the job as you can see from the pictures. The turbos can not be replaced in 5 hours (meaning that the car is completed and running within 5 hours). Give me the address to your shop and I'll be there with a big bag of chips and a case of beer. If you really can do it in this time it will be quite an impressive show.

there are certain asspects of the 2.7tts that make is much easyer of a engine to work on. once you figure out that you have to drop the engine for almost anything then your golden.

Oh and you dont need to do all the disassembling that this guy did to drop the engine. he took it 100% out and you dont need to do it. we drop ours onto a table and keep as much as possible hooked up. i got pictures someplace.
So you don't need to take the engine out, yet you then state that you drop yours onto a table and keep as much as possible hooked up? What is it you are dropping on your table if it is not an engine? Look at the pics again and then rephrase your statement.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:07 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LFA951
Just because I bought it from a POS doesn't mean the car is. My technician (who is a german auto expert if you need some schooling, since you are a recently graduated grease monkey) finished what he couldn't and as a result, it is running sweet and looks awesome, as most people can see from the pictures I posted here for which I got many compliments for... oh, wait a minute, where are your pictures?? Nothing to show?? All talk no action, just like your loser mentor who has a garage with no lift or enough square footage to work in, in the middle of the hood. You show your true adolescence with your childish words and silly remarks, grow some...
Do I really need to justify this with a response? Nah.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

are you bragging about how good your tech is? wow dude haha.....haha......dumbass
Old 02-21-2009, 02:27 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

i think your taking this as a insult, its not. you leave 90% of the engine hooked up. take off the front bumper and disconnect basically only what you need. when we throw in the 28s it will take alot longer becase we will have to fab up downpipes and put in the new manifold but like i said i have changed the turbos on the same car 3 times and once on another car. its so easy now.

Originally Posted by badass951
I have done the job as you can see from the pictures. The turbos can not be replaced in 5 hours (meaning that the car is completed and running within 5 hours). Give me the address to your shop and I'll be there with a big bag of chips and a case of beer. If you really can do it in this time it will be quite an impressive show.

So you don't need to take the engine out, yet you then state that you drop yours onto a table and keep as much as possible hooked up? What is it you are dropping on your table if it is not an engine? Look at the pics again and then rephrase your statement.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:50 AM
LFA951
Drifting

are you bragging about how good your tech is? wow dude haha.....haha......dumbass
I am implying that I have a competent tech who is very knowledgeable and who finished a job that someone else was paid to do...

Last edited by LFA951; 02-21-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:52 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Uh....that's aaaaalllllll you homie. I'd want no part of that bill...
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by badass951
Do I really need to justify this with a response? Nah.
Obviously you can't because you have nothing to show for, no pictures or anything, just words, in case you missed them... how do you like them apples? Ummm, errr, uhhh...

Last edited by LFA951; 08-05-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LFA951
You are such a kid and it's so obvious by the immature way you write stupid posts like this. Grow up child...
Please don't make personal attacks which you just did several times. And by the way, I did see another post you made where you deleted your orginal one and replaced it. The attacks and language used wasn't nice either.

Back to the program...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:02 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Thank you rolex. you really in NJ? any chance your gonna roll out to BlownEuroz in april?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

i think your taking this as a insult, its not. you leave 90% of the engine hooked up. take off the front bumper and disconnect basically only what you need. when we throw in the 28s it will take alot longer becase we will have to fab up downpipes and put in the new manifold but like i said i have changed the turbos on the same car 3 times and once on another car. its so easy now.
I definitely have not taken our discussion as an insult, although I still don't understand your theory because you said you use a table and drop something on it? You don't take the engine out? What are you dropping on the table? You also need to take off more than the front bumper, because taking off the front bumper does nothing for you unless you disconnect the entire front end, radiator support and all so I assume this is what you mean. As you can see from my pics, once again, I left everything hooked up and did not waste time with unnecessary dismantling. Really I would like to know in more detail what you mean, as I am always open to suggestions on how to pick up some time for the next time I do this job.

Couldn't imagine trying to fit larger turbos in there as well so good luck to you when you finally do it!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Please don't make personal attacks which you just did several times. And by the way, I did see another post you made where you deleted your orginal one and replaced it. The attacks and language used wasn't nice either.

Back to the program...
Thank you!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by RolexNJ

Back to the program...
I didn't delete it, I edited it, and whatever language used wasn't there after editing it, so it's needless to say...
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

dont defend yourself.

as for dropping the engine we do technically drop it just not as much as you did. only enough to access the turbos. im serious ill take pictures of us doing it with a clock it takes like 5 hours to drop and put the engine back in as long as nothing goes wrong. its really nice.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey, at least you can see the turbo. Is it absolutely necessary to pull the whole front end off? I have helped pull a VW jetta VR6 engine by pulling the front apart, it wasn't that bad.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

dont defend yourself.

as for dropping the engine we do technically drop it just not as much as you did. only enough to access the turbos. im serious ill take pictures of us doing it with a clock it takes like 5 hours to drop and put the engine back in as long as nothing goes wrong. its really nice.
I found the hardest part to be the turbo replacement once everything was out - not easy to keep the washers for the oil/coolant lines in place. You are persistent and keeping me wondering how you do it, so yes please take some pics!

Originally Posted by chris951
hey, at least you can see the turbo. Is it absolutely necessary to pull the whole front end off? I have helped pull a VW jetta VR6 engine by pulling the front apart, it wasn't that bad.
You can hardly see the turbo when it is in the car. It is not absolutely necessary to tear the entire front end off, as there are other ways to do the job, although when you get used to taking the front end off it is quite simple as others have stated and just makes the remainder of the work easier. I considered leaving the engine in the car, although removing the engine, trans., subframe and suspension was the least difficult part of the job and like I said above, even with it out I found the turbo swap the most difficult task.

Quick Reply: if you think working on a 951 is tough...