Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SOLD: Vitesse MAF, Piggyback, Injectors, FPR

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOLD: Vitesse MAF, Piggyback, Injectors, FPR

This kit came from Skene's wrecked car and is about 2 years old. Everything is included, ready to install. I bought the kit to get the Stage II turbo and already have all this other stuff, so it's for sale. Software is the newest version before the V-Flex, and can be upgraded if you want to. E-mail John for details if you want to do that. It comes with everything pictured, which includes MAF sensor, connector with power leads and correct color wires to wire into the AFM harness (plus red for switched power and black for ground,) Installation instructions on CD, 3" j-pipe with couplers and clamps, and a new K&N cone filter. The Piggyback comes with installation instructions and laptop software on CD, wiring harness with the ground wires already tied to a ring terminal for you, Laptop cable, and bypass connector. Also included are the 72lb injectors and 3.0 bar FPR required for the kit. The FPR comes on a complete fuel rail with FPD also. You can see the Vitesse website for more details. Current pricing from the website is a total of $2380. I will be sending the injectors to Phoenix for cleaning, flow testing, and new seals next week. The price is $1380- so $1000 off compared to new. If the buyer wants to take the kit before I send the injectors, I'll take $80 off and make it and even $1300. Shipping is included in the US excluding Hawaii or Alaska. Anywhere else send me a PM for a shipping price. Like I said, I already have this kit on my car. Since I built my MAF into the AFM and connected my wideband to the piggyback for logging AFR, I got quite a bit of experience with the wiring and tweaking with the piggyback and can help the buyer with that over the phone if necessary. PM me if you're interested. If you want to pay by paypal, please add 3%, otherwise cashier's check or money order.
Attached Images        

Last edited by kevincnc; 02-05-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 02-01-2009, 02:15 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Hell of a deal. I payed $1200 for MAF, K&N, 48lb'ers and DME chip.

Wish I would have waited a few months! GL on the sale!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:54 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Cory. It's pretty obvious, but I forgot to put the chip/board in the list of included items.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 AM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

I have really poor timing. I paid more for just the MAF, chips, and injectors (all new from the January Special).... Arrives in the mail tomorrow.

This is a smokin deal! Wish I had waited but if the AFR's are as close as they're rumored to be I'll be happy.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 PM
cb951
Rennlist Member

Kevin,

I'm very interested, but would like to touch base with John at Vitesse first to see about support and reflashing the chip/board for my set-up. (Even with his January sale, this set-up new is out of reach right now.) If I can swing this, I'd be very interested in talking to you about incorporating the LC-1.

So, for what it's worth, can I have dibs on right of first refusal?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
cb951
Rennlist Member

After an email response from John, I'm afraid I must pass on this. While I'm sure that this is a good deal, and that someone will surely benefit, I'm just not in the position to spend the $$$ on a set-up without John's support. I know that you've gone through this installation (including the LC-1), and have offered your own support but, from my personal viewpoint, if I were to spend even this much, I'd want full support. But that's just me. Additionally, John's price for an upgrade to V-Flex is $620 (including the map sensor). He didn't mention the cost for a simple reflash using his older software.

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure someone will enjoy it. (And I'm surprised it hasn't sold within a couple hours of your initial post.)
Old 02-04-2009, 12:02 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

was this kit for a 26/6?
Old 02-04-2009, 06:14 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

To clarify a bit. As a policy, support is provided to the original owner of any Vitesse Product. This policy is across the board, as once parts exchange hands a few times we have no way of knowing the condition.

The products being sold here have nothing to do with our support policy (meaning don't think that there is something wrong with the parts). Kevin is as honest as it gets, so don't hesitate to deal with him.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fast951
Kevin is as honest as it gets, so don't hesitate to deal with him.
Unless he tells you he's going to get the interior wiring done on the spec car while it's 115 degrees in your garage.......

Looks like I'm in for another fun summer.....
Old 02-04-2009, 07:10 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
Unless he tells you he's going to get the interior wiring done on the spec car while it's 115 degrees in your garage.......

Looks like I'm in for another fun summer.....
Landon can use it to drive you to the old folks home when it's finally done.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
was this kit for a 26/6?
Turbo size dosent really matter with this MAF, the only matching thing has to be the fuel injector size. Based on the coupler included in the picture i would say something with a 3'' or 2.75'' inlet.

This is really a great deal for someone, i bought my MAF kit back in July and wish there were so many used kits floating around to save me a few bucks!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
cb951
Rennlist Member

pm sent.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Sorry guys, I forgot to change this to SOLD, in fact I didn't even realize that anyone posted since Monday. And think that I almost missed the kind words from John, and the flaming from my "friends"
Old 02-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Default re: adaptor

Hi Kevin,

This was included in my older VR stage 2 kit. I assume it still included in the recent kit's however it may not be and John has the MAF connector wired direct to the AFM wiring.

thanks

-BB
Attached Images  
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Sorry guys, I forgot to change this to SOLD, in fact I didn't even realize that anyone posted since Monday. And think that I almost missed the kind words from John, and the flaming from my "friends"
What are friends for?

I'm just trying to stay on Jeremy's good side so I don't get a "garage ban".

Quick Reply: SOLD: Vitesse MAF, Piggyback, Injectors, FPR