Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Engine bay pictures of my racer after 6 years evolution

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:32 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Hans are you able to increase caster any more? We don't seem to mention caster much.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeh Pat that leading link (from castor block) is adjustable so when he screws it out he gets more castor and with the cut and glassed front end he can go pretty crazy
Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 AM
HansB
Pro

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
yeh Pat that leading link (from castor block) is adjustable so when he screws it out he gets more castor and with the cut and glassed front end he can go pretty crazy
Right you are, sir.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
ditto but i may get a little complicated so i can pretension it
I don't think you want pre-tension if the frame is straight. The laws of physics wants a neutral state, so as the body flexes, the pretension will want to move the body. Hence if you look at properly engineered tube chassis (Trans Am etc) they don't use bars with pre-loading. The reason most commercially available strut bars have the adjustment is that there is a great variance between chassis.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:15 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by HansB

The front suspension I have posted here
I remember that post. It made me realize that not only were you putting a lot of time and money into the car, you were also doing your homework and taking it to true racing professionals.

Always impressed.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:03 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Those replacement A arms look similar to ones I saw on a 968 racer.
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

trick uprights too the type with an axle that turns wich allows heaps bigger bearings
Old 01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Add me to the list of folks that like to follow your various projects.
Nice work with the documentation!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a really great thread.

Thanks for taking the time to detail the various modifications you've done to your car for all of us here. After all, sharing is caring.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Outstanding piece of work. Thank you for the time taken to post in such details. Even though I am preparing a stock car, it helps.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Awsome thread. So, I have a question... what size is the inlet on the turbo? I am doing some much needed maintenance on the 'Mamba and I discovered -- not sure why I never noticed before -- that the god awfull looking inlet pipe design is actually a result of the fact that the 4" opening of my turbo prevents a single pipe solution; the top of the ALT is in the way. (I'll try to get some pics up her soon)

Can the turbo be shimmed or mounted differently? Can the ALT be lowered by an inch? I'd like to get the air filter to turbo inlet pipe as large and unrestrictive as practical; it's choked now and the inlet pipe is actually smooshed to an oval shape about 3'' in stead of 4". Again, never really thought to pay attention to it before, now it's pissing me off. Constricted airt inlet not as good as freer flowing; how does yours work??

BTW, yes it has been a long while since I have posted. Been slammed trying to make the mortgage. First event is March Barber in AL and it's time to attend to my baby... hope all of you are well and having a good start to the new year. I for one am glad to see '08 in the rear view.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:27 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HansB
As some of you know my racer is in the workshop to be prepared for the coming season. Lots of the panels are off, have been freshly repainted, and are not remounted jet. Just thought I would take the opportunity to take some pictures and show you some of the
modifications done over the years.
Hans, you have one of the nicest race cars on Rennlist. Thank you for taking the time to give everyone an update, and with such detailed technical information as well. It's threads like this that make this community wonderful, where people can share ideas and learn.

Cheers.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:33 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
Awsome thread. So, I have a question... what size is the inlet on the turbo? I am doing some much needed maintenance on the 'Mamba and I discovered -- not sure why I never noticed before -- that the god awfull looking inlet pipe design is actually a result of the fact that the 4" opening of my turbo prevents a single pipe solution; the top of the ALT is in the way. (I'll try to get some pics up her soon)

Can the turbo be shimmed or mounted differently? Can the ALT be lowered by an inch? I'd like to get the air filter to turbo inlet pipe as large and unrestrictive as practical; it's choked now and the inlet pipe is actually smooshed to an oval shape about 3'' in stead of 4". Again, never really thought to pay attention to it before, now it's pissing me off. Constricted airt inlet not as good as freer flowing; how does yours work??

BTW, yes it has been a long while since I have posted. Been slammed trying to make the mortgage. First event is March Barber in AL and it's time to attend to my baby... hope all of you are well and having a good start to the new year. I for one am glad to see '08 in the rear view.
Rick I have the same situation. PM me and I'll explain what I've done.
Patrick
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Hans, you have one of the nicest race cars on Rennlist. Thank you for taking the time to give everyone an update, and with such detailed technical information as well. It's threads like this that make this community wonderful, where people can share ideas and learn.

Cheers.

Nice looking headers btw Rob, are they yours?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
First, I suspect you still have the A/C system in place?
Otherwise there isn't any problem fitting an unrestricted 4" inlet.
Easiest would probably be to fit a smaller alternator to get a better inlet path.

Quick Reply: Engine bay pictures of my racer after 6 years evolution