Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

paint questions and what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:54 PM
bitburgerluvr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint questions and what would you do?

Im building a track car and it's color is red. Problem is I have another red one and I would like a different color. I did manage to strip interior down to bare so color wont be a problem there. The problem is the under hood and under side of car. I wonder if I changed colors if a flat black under the hood would look ok. It may at first but after a few scratches, it would probably look terrible.

Next question- If I dont change color, what color would you guys paint the interior? Would you guys just paint red like the factory or black or......? I will drive the car on the highway a little and I think on a sunny day the red would be bright. However, the inner doors will be red and may not look too good. thanks for your opinions.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:04 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Always been partial to interiors painted white but that's just me. Lot of good examples here on the list.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:54 AM
bitburgerluvr
Advanced

I actually have a white primer in there now and I do like it. maybe Ill just paint the whole car in white (ultra light gray primer) and leave red under the hood. As far as primer goes, Duplicolor is really awesome to spray and its cheap. Not sure how good it is but I love it.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:26 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

the factory cars in white always look clean and tidy
Old 12-12-2008, 04:35 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

a am a tight **** so same colar is by far the most cost effective as you can keep spare paint and even a guard i dont like red enough for it to be on the inside.
i would say white grey silver dark grey is pretty smart .
white will always be good working on the car but not driving it
Old 12-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Burma Shave
Burning Brakes

I am a big fan of satin blk for engine compartment. When it scratches you just touch it up w/ a spray can. Easy this way to keep it fresh looking.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:18 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bitburgerluvr
Im building a track car and it's color is red. Problem is I have another red one and I would like a different color. I did manage to strip interior down to bare so color wont be a problem there. The problem is the under hood and under side of car. I wonder if I changed colors if a flat black under the hood would look ok. It may at first but after a few scratches, it would probably look terrible.

Next question- If I dont change color, what color would you guys paint the interior? Would you guys just paint red like the factory or black or......? I will drive the car on the highway a little and I think on a sunny day the red would be bright. However, the inner doors will be red and may not look too good. thanks for your opinions.
Dude...
it is a track car. Paint it as much or as little as you like. It won't make any difference and once driven a for few years it will start to look worn anyway. That the reality of heavilly tracked cars.

I have seen many repaints over the years most using the same color, but many not. Interior color seems pretty irrelevant on the operation. From white, red, yellow, black, etc. I have seen it all.

BTW.. my interior is red... the factory color and has never been painted. The roll cage is black as are the seats. Dash is black and door planels are tan & brown. It is a track car so function is more important than anything and for the interior clean and neat is greater factor that color as to how it looks.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
future
Banned

+1 on the white interior option
Old 12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
DanR
Drifting

I am biased for silver

Last edited by DanR; 03-24-2009 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
bitburgerluvr
Advanced

thanks for the opinions all, make good sense. I do like silver too. Cant paint for a few weeks anyway so I have some time to decide. Ill try to post a few pictures when the time comes.

Quick Reply: paint questions and what would you do?