Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

3.0L build documentary

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:33 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darwin- thanks for all the compliments & pics of the cables, etc. I'm proud to have something of mine (well, that Dan originated) on such a nice 951. I only scanned your thread, but will go back through over the next week to get caught up b/c I know it's going to be one of several of the nicest 951's in the country.

And, Chris White is a 951-GURU! For those who don't know, he's also one of the best values in the country for these engine builds. I've talked w/him multiple times & he's always given his time freely- he has a true love for these cars. My next big mod will be one of his stand-alone systems. But, then I love this whole community- makes me want my car back BADLY!!! I can't wait to hear how this turns out in the end!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:12 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robby
Darwin- thanks for all the compliments & pics of the cables, etc. I'm proud to have something of mine (well, that Dan originated) on such a nice 951. I only scanned your thread, but will go back through over the next week to get caught up b/c I know it's going to be one of several of the nicest 951's in the country.

And, Chris White is a 951-GURU! For those who don't know, he's also one of the best values in the country for these engine builds. I've talked w/him multiple times & he's always given his time freely- he has a true love for these cars. My next big mod will be one of his stand-alone systems. But, then I love this whole community- makes me want my car back BADLY!!! I can't wait to hear how this turns out in the end!
Hey Rob is the car running yet?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Reno- good to hear from you. I'm going to PM you, as I don't want to sidetrack this excellent thread anymore than I already have...
Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Soldered in the power harness for my wideband controller and gauges. I actually put things back together inside the car. Now all I have to do is get my clutch back and I'll be getting ready to put the engine back in the car!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Small update, nothing major:

Pretty much have the entire front of the engine assembled and finished. Haven't cleaned up the turnbuckle tensioners yet, plan on trying to have them re-plated if I can find a descent plater.
Hi Darwin
I may be too late here, but if you are looking for a great Plater, I know of one here in CA ?
I think he is one of the best! I have used him at least 4 times and my friend Tom has used him numerous times as well. He is honest, nice, reliable and does a great job.
The company is 4D metal finishing. Their phone # is 408 730 5722 The guy to ask for is Matt. Make sure you tell him you want the outcome to be very yellow ... He did an amazing job on my stuff If you want to see some pictures I can send you some.... Tell him, "Some crazy guy who polishes everthing before I give it to him, told me to call you"

Regards
Ed
Old 10-11-2010, 11:16 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darwin, FWIW, I've seen the parts that Ed had done. They look awesome.
He IS insane!
The vendor should certainly remember him!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You had better hurry before the snow hits. PM me so we can go driving.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
He IS insane!
And... His prices are INSANE......
El... Killing me as always
Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default interior wiring

Doing the same now with all the wiring in the interior. Good luck with things I will let you know how things go. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

Jason

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
Soldered in the power harness for my wideband controller and gauges. I actually put things back together inside the car. Now all I have to do is get my clutch back and I'll be getting ready to put the engine back in the car!
Old 10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Darwantae951

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
You had better hurry before the snow hits. PM me so we can go driving.
Will definitely give you a shout. If you're ever bored on a weekend and feel like wrenching, give me a call. I still have to pull the rear suspension to replace the TT, install new rear spring plate bushings, and remove torsion bars! When I'm done, you have to show me where the best driving is!

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hi Darwin
I may be too late here, but if you are looking for a great Plater, I know of one here in CA ?
I think he is one of the best! I have used him at least 4 times and my friend Tom has used him numerous times as well. He is honest, nice, reliable and does a great job.
The company is 4D metal finishing. Their phone # is 408 730 5722 The guy to ask for is Matt. Make sure you tell him you want the outcome to be very yellow ... He did an amazing job on my stuff If you want to see some pictures I can send you some.... Tell him, "Some crazy guy who polishes everthing before I give it to him, told me to call you"

Regards
Ed
Thanks, I'll keep him in mind if I need anything done. I just got some new turnbuckles in the mail so things are set for me right now.

Originally Posted by ehall
He IS insane!

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Doing the same now with all the wiring in the interior. Good luck with things I will let you know how things go. Let me know if you run into any troubles.

Jason
Will do! All that's left to solder inside will be the Tec connections for oil level and tach. Have to fabricate a few heat shields tho first, before the engine can actually go into the car!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Darwin- great talking w/you the other night. Not sure what the turnbuckle tensioners are, but... Also, I'm thinking I'm supposed to be checking on something for you...? I just can't remember from our conversation & haven't had time to check on car in a week, but am going tomorrow, for sure, so if you remember, please let me know & I'll find it... Seems I was supposed to snap a pic (or find some old ones?) of something? And remember to let me know what happens w/that Fox- would be glad to help out on cables for any car, since it's one thing I've learned to do :-)

Crazy Eddie! How you been man? Didn't know you were still lurking the boards. PMing you now!

Ehall! Damn, this could become a reunion thread! :-) Hope all is well!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Darwantae951

Robby,

The turnbuckle tensioners are the rods that you turn to tension the power steering and alternator belts. And what I had asked you to double check for me was the size of the hole needed for the supplemental positive.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gotcha- actually, I'd figured it out awhile after posting. I'll look tomorrow- did not get out there today. I'm thinking it's 5/8 or 11/16- that's what the grommets are labeled, but need to check b/c what we're looking for is the inner diamter- the slot that holds it in-place- the outermost diamter is prob close to 1" & of course, overlaps the hole you'll be putting them into. I'll check tomorrow & let you know. As for the tensioners- I'm going to have to look at these to get a better pic of what they are was just curious...
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Darwantae951

The turnbuckles can be seen here in this pic:

Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Darwantae951

Clutch is on now, as well as bell housing!

Quick Reply: 3.0L build documentary