Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New billet 62mm turbos

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

If it takes some work and perhaps extra parts to make this a true bolt on product, isn't it possible to offer the correct fitting parts in the first place?
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what we are doing.Your tip got shipped too,it should be there in a couple days.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Tms951
Pro

I am going to leave this alone for the most part, but there is one thing I can't let go.

You say it out flows a T67, don't quite see how since its 5mm smaller but I will leave that part alone. The part I don't understand is why would ever mate a compressor that out flows a T67 to a #8 with a t3 wheel. A T67 at 18psi is about 400whp or more so this one should be even more if it flows more. But the hot side you are sugesting is going to be maxed out under 350whp, so why would you combine the two? I have found a p-trim wheel in a T4 housing is the smallest that makes sense with a 67mm wheel, and you say the 62mm flows more. Could you please clarify you thinking behind the mating of the two?

Also could you please post an effiiciency chart for this compressor that we could compare to a t67 chart. I am sure this would be helpful in showing the forum how much better this one is.

As far as DBB it possable to have one that is a direct bolt on, the turbo I have is like this. I just don't know if tim offers this, hopefuly he will chime in on this as well.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:30 PM
TurboTim
Banned

[QUOTE=Tms951;6052671]I am going to leave this alone for the most part, but there is one thing I can't let go.

You say it out flows a T67, don't quite see how since its 5mm smaller but I will leave that part alone. The part I don't understand is why would ever mate a compressor that out flows a T67 to a #8 with a t3 wheel. A T67 at 18psi is about 400whp or more so this one should be even more if it flows more. But the hot side you are sugesting is going to be maxed out under 350whp, so why would you combine the two? I have found a p-trim wheel in a T4 housing is the smallest that makes sense with a 67mm wheel, and you say the 62mm flows more. Could you please clarify you thinking behind the mating of the two?

Also could you please post an effiiciency chart for this compressor that we could compare to a t67 chart. I am sure this would be helpful in showing the forum how much better this one is.

First off.....comp maps and real world testing is way different. Comp maps are good to see if you will surge and the max airflow the comrpessor is capable of but it is not the end all solution to properly sizing turbos.

We have seen the T31 turbine wheel with a T3 .63AR exhaust housing support over 500WHP in a single turbo application on a small displacement motor.I was using that as an example of how we could put this turbo together to provide quick response.Another guy was asking me to make a real world comparison and list boost pressures,engine sizing,etc...so I was as detailed as possible.Yes this turbo outflows a 67mm but not by alot.Area under the curve is a huge improvement though since the response of the 62mm wheel is much better regardless of what size the turbo is(relatively speaking). A p-trim turbine with a .58 or even .70 AR exhaust housing is usually way too laggy for most people with a 2.5L.It works pretty well on a 3.0L(and even the .70 is laggy on a 3.OL).We prefer touse the stage 5 wheel since it sits right in the middle of the p and o trim.This is a good wheel for this turbo too with an 8 or 10cm.But lag will be the limitiing factor and is what usually dictates how people want their turbo sized.

As far as comp maps goes....let me see if I can get my hand on one for you guys.

As far as dual ball bearing turbo goes.It ia available and will bolt right onto the stock engine mount

Last edited by TurboTim; 12-02-2008 at 08:29 PM.

Quick Reply: New billet 62mm turbos