Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

quick wheel spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Checking PET shows no difference between the late and early rear trailing arms.
There are, however, several different part numbers for them depending on M030 etc.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
i ran 18x11's on my car w/ 295's- i also have some camber (1.5) in the rear and 525lb coilovers to keep the body from squatting too much. My car is early offset and i ran 15mm spacers w/ a 45mm offset rear widebody 911 turbo twist 996 style. You can convert your suspension over to early offset w/ just a set of hubs and rotors- pop the spacers out of the calipers and bolt them back on.

These are the wheels I'm using as well. I'm not running that much camber however.(Dan's car was my inspiration) I had to roll my fenders a lot on both sides and I had to create some clearance for the inside of the tire on the passenger side. The baseball bat method did not work for me. I had to use a 5 lb hammer to roll mine. I got some nice looks from the neighbors as I took a huge hammer to the body of my car.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by azbanks
These are the wheels I'm using as well. I'm not running that much camber however.(Dan's car was my inspiration) I had to roll my fenders a lot on both sides and I had to create some clearance for the inside of the tire on the passenger side. The baseball bat method did not work for me. I had to use a 5 lb hammer to roll mine. I got some nice looks from the neighbors as I took a huge hammer to the body of my car.
you car doesn't apply. It has early offset.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:09 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke
Checking PET shows no difference between the late and early rear trailing arms.
There are, however, several different part numbers for them depending on M030 etc.
I talked to George B., over on clarks-garage. He confirmed that a change in hubs and rotors, with removal of the caliper spacer would work to gain about 30mm. I'm still not certain that I want to go that route.

Quick Reply: quick wheel spacer question