Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Interesting idea

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
hally
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think there would be enough wiggle room to fit a gated adapter like that above between the crossover and hotside without having to make mods? I just put my turbo back on a month ago but can't really recall! I guess it would be another 15mm or so.

Last edited by hally; 11-27-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:46 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1

yeh its super tight in there it will have to per haps be on the right side or if the leftr you are cuttingt into the guard or relocating the O/A seperator tank
Old 11-27-2008, 10:52 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I think the concept of velocity increasing due to restriction is a bit warped, however I'm prepared to believe it. I think at this level it's a very inexact science, but the proof is in the spooling if you don't mind I'd say it's possible to measure the effects, not the causes in this example.
Nice going Sid. Keep 'em coming.
Never been in a cave with a narrow passage in it eh?
Old 11-28-2008, 03:15 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hally
Do you think there would be enough wiggle room to fit a gated adapter like that above between the crossover and hotside without having to make mods? I just put my turbo back on a month ago but can't really recall! I guess it would be another 15mm or so.

You would have to definitely cut and weld the crossover unless you had a v band then maybe you could just slice the uppipe and re weld to get the clearance.

Patrick, this is like using a smaller blow gun vs large. The velocity using the same pressure is much higher when the outlet size is restricted.

Think of a nozzle on a water hose.

I should have a decent amount of time tomorrow and Sunday to either finish this WG bypass or I may just go ahead and change the motor mount and header and put the twin scroll pipes on. I have been thinking about it all day and I can't decide which to do?

Got an EBC hooked up today and fixed an oil leak (cooler line) before Turkey.

Quick Reply: Interesting idea