Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Interesting Gauging for TRS front splitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:46 PM
kdsii
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by future
We have sold alot of these but mainly in Europe. I think we have about 10 fitter over in the US so I'll dig out some pics and post later
Fairly new here, so this question may have been asked before, but what issues do you run into shipping one of these to the USA?
Old 04-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by future
We are in the middle of developing a new splitter also - The new one features the same side trim design as the 993 RS splitter so will look very nice and we will include the batwing on this one blus are extending the front projection a little more. When I have pics I'll be sure to post
The one pictured will burst as soon as I will get on my driveway - any chance the next one will be more compact, less prominent?

CPR seems to be out of business and I need one that isn't any bigger frontwards than the one in my avatar
<---
Old 04-12-2010, 11:29 AM
future
Banned

Fairly new here, so this question may have been asked before, but what issues do you run into shipping one of these to the USA?
No Issues with shipping to the US - Cost is about 50 Euros via 2 day air freight so quite cheap for the size of the splitter.

The one pictured will burst as soon as I will get on my driveway - any chance the next one will be more compact, less prominent?

CPR seems to be out of business and I need one that isn't any bigger frontwards than the one in my avatar
Hi Thom, unfortunately the new 993 RS style one we are working on is more for track application and will extend further forwards.

The CPR V1 splitter as fitted to your car really is the ideal street splitter for many and I'm sure that if a RL member sets up another group buy and there is again as much interested as last time then Patrick could produce another batch for everybody – Anybody interested I’d suggest you send Patrick a PM
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kdsii
It will run around $70USD, which is VERY reasonable...other than that no issues importing here at all. D9 is a very reputable vendor with great products, so definitely buy with confidence from those guys.

Just my 2 cents....
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
future
Banned

^ Thanks Patrick and that’s coming from YOU the King of 951 / S2 splitter design and King of the largest group buy RL ever saw

P.S. I spotted your other thread annnnnnnnnnd DON'T please go down the 996 TT route mate – I’ve been there and got VERY seriously burnt Maybe my bad luck which I had loads of last year (like your unfortunate self) but seriously consider a nice 993 C2S or C2 first – hell even a nice 964 RSA is also WELL within your remit with cash to spare and these cars are crying out for new products – hint hint, nudge nudge – very little in the way of splitters for these cars and EVERYBODY wants them especially for road application so step to it!

My old 996TT now resides in the great P-car graveyard after sooooooo much money spent and it never even saw a track day in its life – many blame my right foot ... I blame the road not being wide enough for my sideways exit tank slapper driving style

LOL – “reputable” ... is that because we export the best Eastern European hooks and Beer!!!!!

I’ve been spending FAR too much time recently on the dark side but always come back to the “TRANNY way” lol ... did somebody not mention 968 RS replica to ya
Old 04-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TRS Splitter has to be the best looking front splitter I have ever seen for the 951. Now if we can just talk Patrick into making one that looks like this but made to withstand the real world. WOW! Sign me up. What can I do to help talk you into it Patrick?
Old 04-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

What's with all the 996 hate? It's one of the cheapest platforms to make a lot of power. Anyone have a 500-600 HP 951 with less than $40k into it??
Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just have to find about 80K€ first what 996 T cost here..... 951's are a little bit cheaper.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Bump...

Anyone know if D9's splitter adds significant, if any, downforce at high speeds (150+mph) ?

Quick Reply: Interesting Gauging for TRS front splitter