Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Let's help a lister

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
buxton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paypal sent. I hope it all turns out for the best for you. God bless.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skip Wolfe
I'm in. You should look at having it shipped back. Unless there is a need for you to go back, the cost of the flights, uhaul rental and gas will cost more than a transporter.
yup
Old 10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Come on rennlist. Lets all chip in and help our fellow man. We can make a difference

Well said and a great sentiment that I agree with. Lart, kudos for alerting us that there is a need.

Mr. Nasty, hold your chin up and please keep us updated as much for your own sense of sanity as anything else. I'll throw an extra one up to tha big guy for you tonight when my head hits the pillow. Paypal sent.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep you chin up, it should only go up from here...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 PM
MrNasty951
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't know what to say...the show of tremendous humanity on this board is truly breathtaking! I can't thank everyone here enough for both all the kind words,and donations large or small every bit counts.

I've taken some time ,and read through every post. As far as selling that was my first thought. I just felt as though I would let so many people here down. Plus I just can not stomach the loss I would take as a result of a sale. I feel as though I've lost enough in the past 2 years of my life. It would be silly as it would be primarily for moving expenses. All the rest I will be able to handle once I get back on my feet.

As far as moving I would transport if I could but, The problem is I need to return anyway as all of my personal items are there as-well. Such as furniture ,and things of that nature... so just a pick-up or suv will not be sufficient.

As far as a goal on the $ amount it will take to complete my goal of retrieving my stuff. Well I've not yet researched it completely but I'm guessing to fly there w/a friend for help with driving ,and loading, rent a truck,and trailer plus fuel, and lodging for this type of distance will be around $3,000.00. I may not be completely accurate on this figure. As I've said... I have not done the total research as I've been busy with family,and this is first ,and for-most on my mind at this point ,and time.

You guys have been such a wonderful help ,and have given me hope when I felt I had ZERO. I've been away from the computer all day. This is the first chance I've had to respond. I was truly amazed when I checked my email,and saw all the payments received from ALL of you kind ,and generous people as I said before this board it truly BREATHTAKING to me! Just so everyone knows the donations have reached around $1,100.00 when I checked.

As far as I time frame on retrieving my items... I'm not sure at this point... as I'm not leaving my fathers side! So lets hope that I have time to work everything out.

Again I can not thank everyone enough especially Lart for starting this thread therefor showing me there IS HOPE!!! Again I thank every one involved for there efforts large or small.

Brian
Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MrNasty951
I just don't know what to say...the show of tremendous humanity on this board is truly breathtaking! I can't thank everyone here enough for both all the kind words,and donations large or small every bit counts.

I've taken some time ,and read through every post. As far as selling that was my first thought. I just felt as though I would let so many people here down. Plus I just can not stomach the loss I would take as a result of a sale. I feel as though I've lost enough in the past 2 years of my life. It would be silly as it would be primarily for moving expenses. All the rest I will be able to handle once I get back on my feet.

As far as moving I would transport if I could but, The problem is I need to return anyway as all of my personal items are there as-well. Such as furniture ,and things of that nature... so just a pick-up or suv will not be sufficient.

As far as a goal on the $ amount it will take to complete my goal of retrieving my stuff. Well I've not yet researched it completely but I'm guessing to fly there w/a friend for help with driving ,and loading, rent a truck,and trailer plus fuel, and lodging for this type of distance will be around $3,000.00. I may not be completely accurate on this figure. As I've said... I have not done the total research as I've been busy with family,and this is first ,and for-most on my mind at this point ,and time.

You guys have been such a wonderful help ,and have given me hope when I felt I had ZERO. I've been away from the computer all day. This is the first chance I've had to respond. I was truly amazed when I checked my email,and saw all the payments received from ALL of you kind ,and generous people as I said before this board it truly BREATHTAKING to me! Just so everyone knows the donations have reached around $1,100.00 when I checked.

As far as I time frame on retrieving my items... I'm not sure at this point... as I'm not leaving my fathers side! So lets hope that I have time to work everything out.

Again I can not thank everyone enough especially Lart for starting this thread therefor showing me there IS HOPE!!! Again I thank every one involved for there efforts large or small.

Brian
There is always hope brother.
I'll be sending some more $ your way in a few more days when I can. Take care of yourself and your dad. You are in our prayers.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Brian, I've come to find out that Rennlist is "family". There are a lot of good people here, ready and willing to help. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles...things will get better. Good luck with the move. I agree with Ski, shipping would be much less hassle. Lart...you do have a soft side. Nice going.
Paypal sent.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:19 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brian, I would also consider taking a bus or train back to get your stuff. It could save you some money.

-Rogue
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Andral951_S
Instructor

Brian,

You have PM
Old 10-10-2008, 10:45 AM
BRIT944TS
AutoX

Default Friends are never far away

Brian,
As you can see I am new to this forum but I want to say that after reading this thread and seeing what these guys are willing to do to help a fellow Porsche friend its so heart rendering.
With that said, Paypal is sent.
Hope you get where you need to be and if you ever are rolling through Alabama look me up..the coffee pot is always warm for a Porsche friend.

God be with you and your Father in troubled times.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
tommye
Instructor

Paypal transfer done.
All the best,
Tommy
Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
chitown928s4
Three Wheelin'

Bus...screw that...maybe listers can do a caravan of rides across the country. A tag team if you will. If every lister could drive drive him about 50 miles each hed get there without any additional cost...of course that would be some phenominal planning that would have to take place.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

^^As crazy as that sounds, it would also be a lot of fun for all involved. Maybe even get some sort of sponsorship? Sorry I can't help with a leg unless you want to come via Australia, lol. PP sent.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chitown944
Bus...screw that...maybe listers can do a caravan of rides across the country. A tag team if you will. If every lister could drive drive him about 50 miles each hed get there without any additional cost...of course that would be some phenominal planning that would have to take place.

Whoaaa...that is a great idea! Think of the addtional money saved that could be allocated to the return trip....How about it guys? A porsche "pony express"/greyhound....that would be awesome. F a plane.

Brian...where is your start and finish point?

Quick Reply: Let's help a lister