Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:30 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
Sure but if the guy needs a daily driver and a job, seems to me the smart play is to get to Cali and buy a decent pickup or wagon or small SUV, load that up with the stuff, and get back home. Spending a couple grand relocating a project car? A car that could be sold for a stake I could live off of for six months?

A project car in a time like this is just an anchor dragging you down.
-Joel.
Joel, you don't have to send money if you don't want to, this is entirely voluntary.

regards
lart
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrNasty951
My paypal is bhall21512@aol.com if this is okay with admin? I just don't know what to say about this community. You guys are true people who care!!! I'm real glad to see that we are still here in this world.
Money sent..

Brian, I'm sorry I couldn't send more im just in a crazy time myself right now. I'll see if I can send some more your way next week.

Come on rennlist. Lets all chip in and help our fellow man. We can make a difference
Old 10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Synth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Money sent! Keep your head up man!

I lost my dad 4 years ago to throat cancer, it's not easy to go through. You're not alone though. And remember, Prozac is your friend! lol, seriously though, times like this can be when antidepressants are truly useful. If you start to feel like it's not worth getting out of bed, go see a doc, makes a world of difference.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

I got $4.93 in my paypal and no money to transfer. I'm sorry that it's so little but it's coming your way.

Good luck!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure but if the guy needs a daily driver and a job, seems to me the smart play is to get to Cali and buy a decent pickup or wagon or small SUV, load that up with the stuff, and get back home. Spending a couple grand relocating a project car? A car that could be sold for a stake I could live off of for six months?

A project car in a time like this is just an anchor dragging you down.
-Joel.
Joel,
I am sure he would do just that if left no other choice, hence his plea for help here. The support Renns provides seems to transend just simple technical advice and FS threads. The opportunity to help a fellow member AND his project in time of distress is what makes this place a community and not just a collection of blogs.

As Lart stated, it is voluntary...if you feel charitable, give...if you don't...don't. But please do not be so condescending towards ones misfortune.

Brian,
I am sorry to hear of your current personal situation and the health of your father. Perseverance is key, things will improve....

Money is sent via PP, if you need anything else let me know.

PATRICK
Old 10-09-2008, 03:59 PM
chitown928s4
Three Wheelin'

Mr.Nasty,

Your not alone. The best thing you can do is hang in there for your dad. My dad was diagnosed with Renal Cell Cancer. Started at the kidney spread to his brain, lungs and the other kidney. He's been given months to live. This is a helluva load to carry. Seems like nothing matters but you have to stay strong and try and keep your family together and enjoy the time you have left with him.

Once the radiation to the brain was done the following day my dad hoped on a plane with my mom and went to Vegas. He'll start chemo next week. I don't know what I can do except stay positive and be strong and not fall apart while hes still here. I do know I will send a little bit of $$ and let you know I feel the pain your going through even though its not as much as what your dealing with.

Please lets us know if your close to reaching your goal as far as reaching the number necessary to get your car home. Also I'd encourage you to ask for parts if needed in this same thread so we can keep your dream car going.

Paypal sent...best regards to you and your family.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Wouldn't it be better to sell the project car at this point? It's just a distraction and will burn up money in the move.
That is a very valid point. However, there is 'way' to much invested into this car to just sell it. But that's another story we don't need to go into. Anyway if you want to help Brian that would be great.

And I am glad to see that this is a stickie for a while!! Help is on the way Brian, Rennlist won't let you down.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by chitown944
Please lets us know if your close to reaching your goal as far as reaching the number necessary to get your car home.
x1000
Old 10-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Paypal sent. Keep your head-up man.

-Rogue
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
mark_uss
Racer

euros on the way...Keep ur head up..
Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

A little more $$ on the way. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Money sent. Keep your chin up!

Last edited by Bri Bro; 10-09-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 PM
tman
Pro

money on its way.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Brian, Keep your chin up, you have many friends. I'm sorry to hear about your father, I know what you are going through. I'm North of Atlanta, give me a call if you want to talk.

A little something on the way.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

I'm in. You should look at having it shipped back. Unless there is a need for you to go back, the cost of the flights, uhaul rental and gas will cost more than a transporter.

Quick Reply: Let's help a lister