Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My 2.7 liter/Vitesse Stg2/MegaSquirt/Other Cool Stuff build getting close!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolin51
Excellent job on wiring. What are your expectations from this setup?
Thanks (and to everyone else whose commented too). Ive heard a few reports of ~400RWHP, and very fast turbo spool which is what ive wanted all along.

Looking back, im amazing the old engine and K26/6 worked as well as it did. Scored cylinders, 216k miles on the turbo and engine, damaged turbo vanes for at least a few k miles, very blown/ruined crankshaft, badly broken bellows on the headers, two ruined valves on the head (intake in one cyl, exhaust in another).... I cant wait to drive now I knew about the turbo, and suspected the bellows.... All the rest was a surprise

Early in 2009 ill be driving down to Portland and back to Vancouver, then down to LA and back, both trips for work and thus paid for fuel wise Thats going to be fun
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Very nice work so far! Why do you still have the cruise control unit mounted?? Remove it man!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rickamurphy
Very nice work so far! Why do you still have the cruise control unit mounted?? Remove it man!
Im a road trip ***** And I cant remove it, its a perfect mounting spot for the fuel pressure regulator and the boost control solenoid and whatever else I might need to bolt to it

Dont worry, the AC is gone, PS gone, ill probably ditch the spare, and I have Wossner pistons which are nice and light
Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by adrial
Seriously nice wiring work! Is that cam sensor your sole crank signal? What is it picking up on in there?

I'm a little confused as to what's going on at the firewall connector ... do you have any other shots? I just finished up my wiring and I didn't do anywhere near as thorough a job as you!
Thanks! There should be a bunch of pics in my other thread (link at top of first post).

Basically, theres one large connector with 80 pins that handles all low/medium current stuff (fuel injectors, sensors, O2 sensors, etc) and then a high current connector with 12 pins I think, that handles high current stuff (fuel pump, wasted spark coil pack). They are bolted to a small aluminum plate, which is sealed against the firewall by those two screws and some weather seal. Its not the best setup, but itll work for now. In hindsight, I probably should have skipped using the big connectors, but oh well They look cool They are completely weather sealed, keyed to prevent misalignment, and milspec/racespec. The pricetag reflects that

The cam sensor is just a second trigger, for sequential injection down the road. Its not actually picking anything up yet, im still trying to figure that out. I might mount a bolt or something under that hole for it to trigger from, or find another setup.

Theres a 60-2 wheel and sensor on the crank. I wont use the cam sensor right away on first start, ill configure it when I install my new fuel injectors (120 lb ones from Racetronix). Then the cam trigger will let me do semi-sequential to help with idle. For first start and the first while ill use the stock injectors to get all the bugs worked out without worrying about tuning the big ones to idle nice right away.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Got the clutch and brake bled last night. The KEP2 feels quite nice, very daily drivable IMHO. I also got to test my ultimate easy clutch bleeding plan and it worked perfectly.

Astute readers will note that my slave cylinder is in the wrong spot. This is at least half the reason I went with the braided hoses. The bleeding is dead easy when the slave is above the master. The slave cyl can be wiggled up and down between the firewall and engine/bellhousing fairly easily, then its just bolted in place. Only have to get under the car twice.

Im also going into the petroleum biz. $360 worth of oil

Old 10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Remember - low load and definately on the lean side for initial running. If it looks rich stop running and fix it quick. Running it rich can give you ring seating problems....
Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
Remember - low load and definately on the lean side for initial running. If it looks rich stop running and fix it quick. Running it rich can give you ring seating problems....
Thanks for the heads up! Ill make very sure to keep that in mind. I sent you an email about something else sort of.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:37 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Echt....***** power is nothing compared to monkeys!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Echt....***** power is nothing compared to monkeys!!!!
x2
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Who wants to see four 120 pound/hour injectors at 6000RPM? Right click => save as on this link, its 42MB.

http://thedge.info/my951/round2/oct1...s/MVI_0649.AVI

Three of my stock injectors were leaking at the body seams, so theyre junked. I might have to start on the 120s, which should be interesting....
Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Mike B
Done With Sidepatch
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice job Brian!

PS: I have it on good authority "***** power" is good for another 20 ft/lbs of torque
Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike B
Nice job Brian!

PS: I have it on good authority "***** power" is good for another 20 ft/lbs of torque
lies all lies my friend.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
lies all lies my friend.

Originally Posted by theedge
Who wants to see four 120 pound/hour injectors at 6000RPM? Right click => save as on this link, its 42MB.

http://thedge.info/my951/round2/oct1...s/MVI_0649.AVI

Three of my stock injectors were leaking at the body seams, so theyre junked. I might have to start on the 120s, which should be interesting....
Saving...
Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

120lb injectors are freakin' ginormous. Here I've been thinking my 72lb injectors were big because nobody at school has anything near that size in their other import cars.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike B
Nice job Brian!

...and I always sensed a draining feeling...

Quick Reply: My 2.7 liter/Vitesse Stg2/MegaSquirt/Other Cool Stuff build getting close!