Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Interest in a New Splitter?: UPDATED!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
It doesn't have to be much, but this economy is eating people alive, as you have found out, from your own issues getting customers and suppliers to pay up.
I kind of feel this is directed at me, although maybe not intentionally. I wanted in the 968 spoiler group buy, but somehow I think mine fell through the cracks. I'd respond to PMs, but not hear back, so I think I missed out. I also want in on the new splitter, but I'm afraid that it'll be the same thing all over again.

I'm by no means trying to say anything bad about anyone - especially about you or CPR. Things happen and for whatever reason we could never establish that last mile of communication. I didn't want to become a burden between him and his other customers. Between the accident and his trip, it sounded like he already had a full plate!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably not until March/April. The original thought was to use the same mold and utilize CNC inserts to alter/extend the lip. Unfortunately for me I will have to do a new mold from scratch...very time consuming.

I'll re-post some pics this evening on this thread. Keep in mind that the unit has morphed somewhat. More of an aggressive raked/angle in the front in lieu of just a flat protrusion (10 degree downward)....just enough, IMO, to give it a real sporty look but maintaining its' real point....function.

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Can someone clarify a couple things for me? Just scanned through from the top of this thread but want to be sure on a couple things:

- The first shipment will be the 'street' model
- Any indication on how far behind the 'race' model might be?
[I'm in for the street model, but will definitely be a buyer for the race model and some lucky camper will get the street version]
- Every attachment I tried was a busted link. Anyone have a good link to a pic or drawing of either or both models?

Patrick has been remarkably consistent and open through this entire thread, and deserves all the props. Second round of props when the splitters are shipped, of course :-)
Old 12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx Patrick!
I'm just trying to get an idea of the delta between the street & race versions. A rough idea will work for now, and I'm definitely in for each model. The street model might get some race time until the race model becomes available. It will be SOOOOOO nice to get away from the nasty fragile GTR splitters!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:59 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by CurtP
I kind of feel this is directed at me, although maybe not intentionally. I wanted in the 968 spoiler group buy, but somehow I think mine fell through the cracks. I'd respond to PMs, but not hear back, so I think I missed out. I also want in on the new splitter, but I'm afraid that it'll be the same thing all over again.

I'm by no means trying to say anything bad about anyone - especially about you or CPR. Things happen and for whatever reason we could never establish that last mile of communication. I didn't want to become a burden between him and his other customers. Between the accident and his trip, it sounded like he already had a full plate!

Curt,
I don't think E was directing this at you.

And I am not sure about the wing issue...I still have yours sitting here

We were discussing a pick up or drop-off with the paintshop and communication kind of fell-off.

But, NO WORRIES! I have it whenever you are ready, I just didn't want to seem pushy....it is available whenever you want it, as will be the splitter.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:02 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Thanx Patrick!
I'm just trying to get an idea of the delta between the street & race versions. A rough idea will work for now, and I'm definitely in for each model. The street model might get some race time until the race model becomes available. It will be SOOOOOO nice to get away from the nasty fragile GTR splitters!
The race version extends out almost an 1" further and is more flat. It also comes with chrome or flat black adjustable support arms. For added control and support.

It does stay within the tolerances of PCA guidelines

The price is closer to $300 for this version.......
Old 12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome! I knew you had a lot going on already and I wanted you to make sure your other customers came first. Sending you a PM!

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

The race version extends out almost an 1" further and is more flat. It also comes with chrome or flat black adjustable support arms. For added control and support.
Perfect! I'm in when the street model is ready, and in again when the race model is ready.

Last edited by APKhaos; 12-19-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure if there are any available in the first production run, but count me in for one as well.

Also, in an earlier post I asked about the surface finish -- will it be a bit orange-peely or totally smooth, or what?

Thanks!

Also, there may be another rennlister here in Tucson who's interested, and if so, you'd be welcome to send 'em together if that makes things easier/cheaper.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:08 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

I will be with Tony, I would rather be in the race model.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:46 PM
PixelGrinder
Racer

Put me down for one as well. Prepaid is A OK
Old 12-19-2008, 08:10 PM
CPR
Race Director

Collin,
sorry for the delayed response...

It will have the textured finish ("orange peely") in black.

Originally Posted by ausgeflippt951
I'm not sure if there are any available in the first production run, but count me in for one as well.

Also, in an earlier post I asked about the surface finish -- will it be a bit orange-peely or totally smooth, or what?

Thanks!

Also, there may be another rennlister here in Tucson who's interested, and if so, you'd be welcome to send 'em together if that makes things easier/cheaper.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:04 PM
fbgh2o
Odd Posts
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

PM sent if there is any additional ones left (or if the order climbs to 50). Prepaid is a given.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
tone3721
Drifting

Received 437 Likes on 315 Posts

Is the street version "orange peel" looking? Smooth would be a nice finish.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:43 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CurtP

Curt, I wasn't pointing at anyone at all, but at the group, in general. I've seen a lot of GB's over the years.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Acetylene
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did we make it 50 or is it still 30? In other words, is there room for me?

Quick Reply: Interest in a New Splitter?: UPDATED!