KLR probs....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008 | 04:23 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KLR probs....

This is X-posted from 944 forum, as I'm really trying to find something fast- I'm searching through archives, right now, to try to learn more about this prob, but, here's the deal...

My car would not start- we checked about everything- we had no spark & no fuel (fuel pump was not coming on)- tried a few things. Thought the spark prob might be the coil- changed one out from an 87 Turbo- no change- then put the DME in from the 87- no change- we had already tried to jumper two pins together (I think this was from Clarks Garage) & it SHOULD have started, UNLESS the DME was bad, BUT.... The working 87 DME did not start it. THEN, I decided to try the KLR, since we were already in there... IT WORKED!!! I'm a little foggy on the fuel prob now- someone else was helping w/the whole deal & I can't remember what we decided on it, but the car started w/the KLR, just fine & the other car would NOT start w/MY KLR in it...

So, now I need a new KLR... Evidently... Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Also, can I use an earier Turbo KLR in my Turbo S w/out effecting idle, power, etc, etc....? OR, should I stick to finding one specifically from a Turbo S...?

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008 | 02:12 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Robby - you have a PM.
Old 08-30-2008 | 03:01 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Robby, you can also have yours rebuilt: