Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

engine cutting out - at the end of my rope (long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by michael2e
I had similar cut out that occured only with hard driving on boost .searched forever checking usual culprits then finally found some slightly torn boots on my essentially new magnecors. They were made of pretty soft rubber easily torn while pulling off the plugs. Speculation was that during the extra load on boost the coil ouput would short to the block causing real abrupt cut in power. may be worth checking on your older wires. Could also try looking for spark under the hood at night. Put on Berus no problem since HTH
Hey Michael,
Thanks for the tip. I checked my boots when reassembling Saturday and they looked fine. However, if the problem persists I'll get a new set as these are getting a little old anyway.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Originally Posted by APKhaos
Jerome,
I'm sacrificing a couple of virgins [and a goat for good luck] in the hope that this is finally cleared.
Tony, if that's all it took to fix the problem why didn't you tell me earlier. Heck, I would even consider sacrificing the goat in the car if it would help...

When the wiring harness was in I did sacrifice a couple beers. Hope that didn't kill the bad karma. It was German beer so I should be OK.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Default Issue finally resolved

As I updated in my original post, looks like the problem was somewhere in the wiring harness. Car has run fine on several trips with no cutout.

I'm so glad it's fixed as I was dreading a long winter in the cold garage continuing to scratch my head....

Quick Reply: engine cutting out - at the end of my rope (long)