Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Elephant Poly Bronze bushings review

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:51 PM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm going with a combination of Poly Bronze and Derlin bushings. This was recommended by my motor builder for a street/race car. Garrity felt that the solid mount monoballs stuff was not worth the cost, nor did he feel it added much as compared to Derlin.

Thanks for all the comments and advise.

My transmission is off to SLC for a complete rebuild. Garrity is doing some interesting stuff to my box. Larger main bearing, billett plate internally for better strength, and we are looking into the KAAZ LSD built to spec for our cars with the help of EMC Motorsport. We are adding a KW V3 full suspension while the trans is being built.

Some fellow rennlisters helped pull the trans and leaking fuel tank on Sunday. I shipped the trans to Motorsport this morning.

Someday, this car will be as new. That's my goal anyway. A 500WHP almost new 951. I'm gettin there folks. The hard part is done.

George
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
George D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OT:

My friend and local U of A engineering student, Mike, is helping me do all this work locally. Sean, his brother and fellow Rennlister, showed up Sunday to drink beer, wine, and eat Pizza, but that's another story. Sean and Colin did help with the details, so thanks guys. Colin got some free parts, and Sean seemed full, so thanks guys.

Anyway, Mike is a pretty good tuner. We have been working on my TEC GT software prior to hearing the bad news from my transmission. We have a road out of town that is the outlaw 1/4 mile raceway, at least in my High School days. Mike is telling to get into 4th and keep it at 10PSI boost and hold it. Well, I'd laugh at him trying to type into his laptop while it's bouncing as I'm approching 5K in 4th at 10PSI. It was in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE FOLKS, so no rants please.

Anyway, it seems like the GTK 650 is spooling about 500RPM sooner now thanks to Mike, and we have more tuning to do. My transmission just couldn't take much more.

We'll keep you posted. My car is down and out for a few weeks getting some needed strength in the transaxle.

George
Old 08-13-2008, 06:55 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

George, the thing that I've heard repeatedly about Delrin is that it is noisy. It probably is a bit cheaper than the solids, but wears out much sooner and will need replacing thereby getting closer in cost to the solids. Maybe while your car is off the road you could find someone with solids and go for a ride to see if you find them ok. I've got hardly any rubber in my car left and it's usually firm but live-able.
Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Elephant Poly Bronze bushings review