Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Friggin exchange rate sucks.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Opeth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Those look nice but why did you use that style light? It looks like a light off an old american car/truck.
Its "period correct" or whatever term the geezers use
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz951
Those look nice but why did you use that style light? It looks like a light off an old american car/truck.
It's a reproduction of the stock item.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:12 AM
future
Banned

Dillon410021 – I will get Beni to take some night shots this week for you mate

Blitz951 – We wanted a period look but are about to release a Dual Hella kit but this will be no good for those running a MAF kit as the lights extrude backwards far too much (est. 12cm) unless locating a cone filter below the bucket and the price will be alot more due to the cost of the light units but true HID is an option!

The whole intention of our GTS kit, like the original Porsche kit is to reduce some serious weight and by running dual lights simply adds more weight back - OK for street but poor for track

Zero10 – The Lexan covers are fitted with window sealer so they will not be "left down the highway" guaranteed and we will always carry replacements

Brian A – Yes the exchange rate definitely sucks but not as much as our fuel prices mate ... Hell you simply don't want to live in the UK at the moments

Opeth – Simply love the pic mate – “Geezers” now that’s a true London term - LOL
Old 08-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 951rs
Mark and I have decided that we do a Rennlist group buy for maximum 8 kits.
Our RRP for the kit is 580 euros and we offer it - 8 kits only and as an unique opportunity- to the rennlist community for 499 euros only.

Bump - any more 'listers want to get in on this deal?
Give me or aribop a PM.

-Rogue
Old 08-03-2008, 02:48 PM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great guys! Do you have anymore daytime pics with them fully installed? That last picture looks good but its kind of dark and hides the full look.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we please have more pics of the entire car with the headlights installed? The detail pics are excellent as they show the perfect workmanship, but I'd like to see how the car looks, as a whole, with those headlights.

I *will* be ordering a set for my race car as soon as I have the funds...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
flyguy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What resin system did you use? Those lights will get hot, after a short while, and I'm not convinced that they will not warp / melt without any sort of cooling to them.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:28 PM
future
Banned

Hi all

I have spoken with Beni tonight who is currently detailing his car and doing a few paint corrections for the Interlaken show/event in Switzerland.

Next weekend he is going to be re-installing the GTS lights to his car and will then take a lot of pictures featuring on the road use, night shots and shots of the car from many angles with the kit installed so as soon as I get these from him on Saturday I will post for use all to see

Best regards,
Mark
Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

housings look great, but the lamps make the car look dated...way dated.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
future
Banned

Hi Flyguy - we use a 'fire retardant' resin so they will 100% guaranteed not to warp and we provide a 12 months warranty on all our parts so if a problem occurs we will replace for FREE or refund in full.

This development has taken serious time to achieve the perfect fit and finish which you would expect from a brand new Porsche today and we have extensively tested the product as we do with all our chassis dynamics parts before launching.

It is not in our interest to develop anything which is sub-standard as I’m sure you can appreciate and that is why this development has taken longer than we even anticipated but we hope the results speak for themselves.

The light units are actually vented/cooled very well and as they are located at the front of the car the air flow over them from driving helps significantly keep them cool.

We are currently working on the HID versions and Dual kit which will as I’m sure you can imagine develop a lot more heat build up hence why we need to test before we release.

Also in the pipeline is a full Carbon Fibre version which will reduce weight even further but unfortunately this will not be available tomorrow.

What I can say though is that the kit is completely modular so if you purchased the FRP version we will allow you to upgrade to CF or dual etc for the simple cost of the replacement items. Likewise if you suffer a cracked lens cover from a stone etc then we can also supply these as a single item to those who purchase a kit

Trust me we fully understand the heat build-up from the engine as our development partners rig-bed below will demonstrate hence the vented bonnet Beni runs on his car:

P.S. The lexan we use is the same standard used on the 360 Ferrari
Old 08-03-2008, 08:55 PM
future
Banned

CPR - Yes I understand your comment but if you see the kit in person it simply looks fantastic and fully in keeping with the 944 aesthetics.

Having said that we are working on a dual kit and HID kit but the aim of this project is mainly for track users who want to save considerable weight, achieve excellent aero dynamical gains and still have a unit which out performs the OEM light arrangement.

Best regards,
Mark

P.S. They don't look half as out dated as the OEM pop-up light units and a N/A kits will be launched in 2 weeks
Old 08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am still in on this. Multiple convo's with both of these guys and am very pleased!! Still willing to be the East Coast delivery guy on these if needed.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I want a set, but just cant do it right now. I will be ordering in the future. Great product and I hope you guys sell a ton. You deserve it!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:36 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You know, I have a question. Have you or will you do a speed test on these units to see that they will hold up over 160mph or so? I regularly go that speed and hope these can hold up to that. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New DEUTSCH NINE GTS headlight kit available