Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

RS Carpet Kit w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks MJ - looking forward to the more detailed pics.
I'm still confident that this will be a better solution than dealing with the stockinteriors material, which is a very thick nylon fibre carpet held together with a glue backing. Its nasty stuff to work with, and being one piece is difficult to adjust once you start to secure it at any point.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 98 Posts
Default PDF Slide Presentation for RS Carpet Kit

The following link, http://www.revline.se/diverse/951RS_...eat_Delete.pdf, is a PDF presentation I put together of my RS carpet kit with rear seat delete.
The presentation focuses on the rear seat delete as this was the most challenging area. The carpet pieces in the slides are numbered in the order they were installed to get the finish seams to work out. I wish I had more pictures of the rear, next time I pull the front seats I will be sure to take more photos. This project started with a carpet kit purchased from Appbiz for the 944 which I modified to have the fit, finish and lines I was looking for.
Thanks to Duke, a fellow rennlister for hosting this on his web site.
The following users liked this post:
J1NX3D (08-12-2021)
Old 01-05-2009, 04:28 PM
highboy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F'n awesome...nice presentation! Hope you don't mind if I duplicate this in my car...?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:56 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,156 Likes on 571 Posts

simply fantastic write-up!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
DanR
Drifting

you have too much time on your hands GREAT write up!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe this summer I'll try it. Looks great!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

nice write up, very clear and great pictures.

I have 2 quick questions, and I'm sorry if these have been asked/answered already - do you know how much it would cost to do just the rear seat and hatch area and would the carpet look ok with existing factory black carpet? While I know you've mentioned the quality is comparable, are the materials visually similar (eg factory black carpet in good condition and Appbiz carpet)?

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 02:00 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

write up of the decade...atleast!
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ehall
write up of the decade...atleast!
ageed.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white924s
nice write up, very clear and great pictures.

I have 2 quick questions, and I'm sorry if these have been asked/answered already - do you know how much it would cost to do just the rear seat and hatch area and would the carpet look ok with existing factory black carpet? While I know you've mentioned the quality is comparable, are the materials visually similar (eg factory black carpet in good condition and Appbiz carpet)?

Thanks
Actually the carpet I installed is a felt material and not at all like OEM carpet. Appbiz offers many carpet choices however and will have something close to stock. Not sure what they are charging for the kits but the hatch area is part of the standard 944 kit and the rear seat delete was going to be a stand alone kit. What I ended up doint was a little more custom but give them a call, they should be able to help you out.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:06 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you so much for the write up! You can't believe how much that really helps me, even though I don't have the Appbiz carpet set (I have the World Upholstery Feintuft). I got to a point where I'm stumped and this really clears it up for me. I can't thank you enough for this. I think the only other place I will have a problem is around the emergency brake handle.

Now I have something to do this coming weekend!

This is as far as I've got:

Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM
bennyboy
Advanced

MJ951, sorry to drag this up from the passed, but I'm seriously looking into this at the moment. One question about your pdf, where you have added a sentence starting 'Extend' or 'Provide', do these bits explain the work you had to do yourself? Many thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Perculator00
Instructor

Awesome thread MJ951
Potent951turbo sent this thread to me.
I have been wanting to do something like this for the longest time and will try to make this my coming winter project. I am just about to start checking out your PDF.

If my rear already is open, meaning my rear seats do not exist in the car and the stock carpeting is just there, your saying the company has a specific kit for 944's without rear seats(rear seat delete kit)?
Just want to confirm that's what you mean by that specific kit they offer.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Perculator00
Instructor

After reading your PDF I wanted to ask you MJ951, did you have to purchase both the rear seat delete kit AND the factory replacement kit in order to get ALL the pieces for a complete interior carpet job from front to back?

Thanks much
Old 09-07-2011, 12:41 AM
mj951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perculator00
After reading your PDF I wanted to ask you MJ951, did you have to purchase both the rear seat delete kit AND the factory replacement kit in order to get ALL the pieces for a complete interior carpet job from front to back?

Thanks much
Hey Perculator,

Nice to see this thread still getting some use.

Actually, I was the first person to work with AppBiz on a kit for the 944/951. The owner of AppBiz had just purchased a junk 944 chasis and I created the PDF doc and worked back and forth with them on the kit. In the end I believe I purchased the stock 944 kit and in exchange for helping in the development I received the rear seat kit and some additional material free of charge.
I did end up modifying a few of the pieces as I can be quite particular on the details but also with spring weather around the corner I was anxious to get my car back together so it became easier to mark and modify some of them myself rather than continue to ship things cross country. I'm sure if you contact AppBiz they either have kits available or can make a kit for you in short order, they where great to work with. It's been a few years but if you need some advice or a photo once you get started let me know.

Quick Reply: RS Carpet Kit w/pics