Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vac line help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:18 AM
mzman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vac line help needed

I am busy trying to figure out why my heat is always on and my first thing I am checking is the vac line to the heater control valve. But I have no idea where or what that looks like. But while I was in there looking around I have several vac lines that are not hooked up to anything, and I have no idea where they belong... If anyone can help IDing the lines and what the valve looks like that would be a huge help.

First line I noticed was this one which comes from a three way connector under the intake near the cyclic valve, then it comes up to the firewall makes this bend and just ends.

Here is a picture:

Next is this line coming directly off a banjo on the intake, and abruptly ends.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:25 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok well this one goes to the fuel pressure regulator as shown- but it should also have some other connections IIRC. Not sure about the second one i only remember one hose coming from right there for the vac. canister. Lemme see if i can dig up the vac diagram- search is your friend.
Attached Images  
Old 07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the clip above and to the right of the gas pedal. It's a $0.79 clip that breaks frequently with age. A zip-tie will work as a quick fix if it is the issue. Also check the vacuum lines near the heater core hoses on the passenger side of the firewall. There should be 2 of them going through the firewall. AND last but not least, near the middle of the firewall is the heater control valve that also has a vacuum line going to it. The valve is known for failure and it a REAL pain in the **** to replace unless the intake manifold is off. Sounds like a good time to get in there and do some cleaning if that is your issue.

Good Luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
mzman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
ok well this one goes to the fuel pressure regulator as shown- but it should also have some other connections IIRC. Not sure about the second one i only remember one hose coming from right there for the vac. canister. Lemme see if i can dig up the vac diagram- search is your friend.

Thank you kind sir.

Also I have been doing a lot of searches and reading and can't find anything about a vac canister... I did however stumble on a picture and I think I see the line not making that "U" Here is the picture that I found.

As far as the line to the fpr goes, I must of knocked that off while trying to hook up some other lines, I have a feeling it wouldn't run very good with that one off.

EDIT:

I just looked up under the dash and I see nothing that resembles a vac line near gas pedal. Closest thing is the hood release line...

Last edited by mzman; 07-08-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should help

Last edited by Cory9584; 04-27-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Vac line help needed