2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As my grandfather would say........ "this is God's country"
Old 07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nize- great meeting up with you and the Canadiens. Nice "spirited" drive! Let me know when you make it down again
Old 06-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Gorge US
7th Gear

Random request/thread highjack as I'm searching in the Gorge area for an experienced Porsche resource to reassemble my 1988 951 (64k original miles) front end after a minor mishap. (radiator, ac cond, bumper, nose, driver side fender) I have a private shop in The Dalles to work from and all painted OEM replacement parts are ready to go. I'll send pictures but estimate it's a 1 day job. I would prefer not to trailer it into Portland/Vancouver area and will compensate drive time etc. I'm tired of it sitting and want it back on the road but my local body shops have no clue about P-cars so reaching out here for local talent looking for some quick cash.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:53 PM
TheAllusionist
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to hijack a hijack (from Central Washington), but since you are from the Gorge, you may know of what I have heard called the best privately owned stretch of highway in the US, it is outside of Goldendale Washington and I know the BMW club gets it reserved for some weekend once a year for some sort of racing events. If anyone knows information on it, would be great to get a Pacific Northwest thing going there. Highjack over........
Old 06-02-2015, 06:52 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAllusionist
Not to hijack a hijack (from Central Washington), but since you are from the Gorge, you may know of what I have heard called the best privately owned stretch of highway in the US, it is outside of Goldendale Washington and I know the BMW club gets it reserved for some weekend once a year for some sort of racing events. If anyone knows information on it, would be great to get a Pacific Northwest thing going there. Highjack over........
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryhill_Loops_Road

http://www.maryhillmuseum.org/visit/...ill-loops-road

You can contact them for rental rates
Old 06-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Gorge US
7th Gear

Originally Posted by alxdgr8

What's incredible is Maryhill is one of many Gorge loops. Sam Hill was a road making machine. :-) Some lead up into private farmland, traveled by albeit a few wheat trucks during harvest at most, hence why I'd like to get my driver on the road again because the views are spectacular.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:13 AM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

There are a couple Pcar guys in Mosier and Hood River that are members of this group http://www.allvintagesportscargroup.org/ they may be able to answer your query. I'm in HR and would be happy to help if you decide to wrench on it yourself. Summer's here - time to get her on the road. Cheers!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Gorge US
7th Gear

Originally Posted by michael2e
There are a couple Pcar guys in Mosier and Hood River that are members of this group http://www.allvintagesportscargroup.org/ they may be able to answer your query. I'm in HR and would be happy to help if you decide to wrench on it yourself. Summer's here - time to get her on the road. Cheers!
Michael, you just made my summer! The group allvintage looks fantastic so I joined and will hopefully be at the Underwood event this Saturday. I'll PM you to coordinate because it would be great to have you "see" my project and then discuss over a growler what's the next best options. Thank you!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:31 PM
TheAllusionist
Racer

Thanks for the awesome information!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 PM
rude944
Instructor

We have a Facebook Group for 944 owners in Oregon, in case you were looking for a friendly community... "Pacific Porsche 944 Club". There are owners predominately from all over Oregon, WA and CA, and its a nice group of people who range from real grassroots racers to the boy-racers. Plenty of transaxle experience in the group as well. Its a closed group, but we can certainly get you in if you are looking for a bit more of a local resource for parts/advise/entertainment. Heres some of us locals in NE PDX:

Old 06-05-2015, 04:17 PM
TheAllusionist
Racer

I just liked your Pacific Porsche 944 Club page and will check it out!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Gorge US
7th Gear

Thanks rude944 for the info. Joined. Cheers!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:44 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gorge US
Michael, you just made my summer! The group allvintage looks fantastic so I joined and will hopefully be at the Underwood event this Saturday. I'll PM you to coordinate because it would be great to have you "see" my project and then discuss over a growler what's the next best options. Thank you!
Sounds great! Hopefully we'll get to meet tomorrow then as I plan on joining the group. I'll be the one in the 951 ;-)
Old 06-05-2015, 11:45 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rude944
We have a Facebook Group for 944 owners in Oregon, in case you were looking for a friendly community... "Pacific Porsche 944 Club". There are owners predominately from all over Oregon, WA and CA, and its a nice group of people who range from real grassroots racers to the boy-racers. Plenty of transaxle experience in the group as well. Its a closed group, but we can certainly get you in if you are looking for a bit more of a local resource for parts/advise/entertainment. Heres some of us locals in NE PDX:

Count me in for this! Cheers

Quick Reply: any 951's near the dalles in oregon ?