Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

8 hours into the clutch job and....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:25 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in SW county. The shop that my buddy's dad owns is in vinton off of gus nicks blvd. That's where we've been doing this job.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh cool. I know a ***** that goes to school there. You can have her. Its a guranteed hookup. She has a 951 too
Old 06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Synth
Instructor

I had the same problem too, engine out and everything. Eventually just drilled off the bolt heads and pulled the PP and clutch off then took off the flywheel and gave it to a machine shop, lol.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Yeah I'm gonna weld a flange onto the part that y's off to tie into the waste gate. That was the next time the bellhousing has to come off, i simply unbolt the flange and that piece that goes to the wastegate is out of my damn way. Much much easier than removing the damn crossover completely. And why would I want the rocks seconds?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdeano
Yeah I'm gonna weld a flange onto the part that y's off to tie into the waste gate. That was the next time the bellhousing has to come off, i simply unbolt the flange and that piece that goes to the wastegate is out of my damn way. Much much easier than removing the damn crossover completely. And why would I want the rocks seconds?
Because im a generous friend that shares!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:17 AM
bigdeano
Burning Brakes

Haha, well should my supply of wonderful virginia tech girls ever begin to run out I will definitely take you up on your generous sharing offer. Done 18-20 hours of work at this point and all that's left is to put the transaxle back in and the exhaust back on. The end is in sight and damn the light at the end of the tunnel looks amazing! I did almost put the bell housing back together without putting the starter ring on the new pressure plate tho! Oops... luckily I caught that but only after I had torqued down the pressure plate.

Quick Reply: 8 hours into the clutch job and....