Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2.7l @ 16psi

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:45 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you guys asking about each other's *****?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
Speaking about *****, what's up with the disco ***** in the avatar Dave!?
Your out of line.. I made one to copy the color of your car and this is how you treat me!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:25 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

REPORT SENT! for two guys talking about each other's *****!

Fear the wrath of Rolex!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:30 AM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by David Floyd
Can you share any details on the intercooler,intake, throttlebody, big valves ?

Pretty please
Old 05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, I'd really like to know about the cylinder head work.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

The cylinder head work was done by a real artist that has been working on high end stuff for decades. The exhaust side ceramic was ported with a diamond burr and the intake ports were welded to add material and change the port shape. “Real” porting is a lot more than just grinding away, in fact enlarging the intake ports with a die grinder will usually make things worse – there is an art and science to it!
The valves are a little larger than stock (the head shop does not like to give out specific specs because the total package is more than the parts – people will just copy the valve size and expect the same results.
Put it this way – I built Alain’s engine and after looking at the head work I decided to put away my porting tools, I will either use a cleaned up stock head or recommend this guys work. It ain’t cheap but it is the way to go if you want some serious improvements.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
The cylinder head work was done by a real artist that has been working on high end stuff for decades. The exhaust side ceramic was ported with a diamond burr and the intake ports were welded to add material and change the port shape. “Real” porting is a lot more than just grinding away, in fact enlarging the intake ports with a die grinder will usually make things worse – there is an art and science to it!
The valves are a little larger than stock (the head shop does not like to give out specific specs because the total package is more than the parts – people will just copy the valve size and expect the same results.
Put it this way – I built Alain’s engine and after looking at the head work I decided to put away my porting tools, I will either use a cleaned up stock head or recommend this guys work. It ain’t cheap but it is the way to go if you want some serious improvements.
Very interesting indeed.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
Chris,

When you get a chance, could you pm me the guys name and contact info. That's something that I really want to invest in.
Thanks,

E
Old 05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Chris,

When you get a chance, could you pm me the guys name and contact info. That's something that I really want to invest in.
Thanks,

E
Give me a call some time - I'll explain it then!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:04 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Whatever became of this car? I find it incredible that it had just under 450whp at 16psi. Wonder if they modified it further?
Old 06-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Whatever became of this car? I find it incredible that it had just under 450whp at 16psi. Wonder if they modified it further?
~450 rwhp for a 2.7l 8v at 16 psi at ~6100 rpm is a bad joke and not possible. But that's not the only sketchy high hp dyno sheet we've seen from that dyno..
Old 06-10-2012, 03:45 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

~450 rwhp for a 2.7l 8v at 16 psi at ~6100 rpm is a bad joke and not possible. But that's not the only sketchy high hp dyno sheet we've seen from that dyno..
Guess you missed the cfm numbers that were temporarily posted from the improved head that originally was apart of making those numbers

The project is slow moving, but should completed finally this year Having been one of the lucky people to have personally driven the car at points along its way I can say

Last edited by jasonlp; 06-10-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm sure the car is fast, no doubt about it.
But 443 rwhp means 503 crank hp when using 12% transmission losses.
Now, 503 hp at 16 psi means the engine is producing around 240 crank hp in N/A form.
So... 240 hp from an engine that produces 163 hp stock.
So could a high flowing head, a different cam, a better header but 2.9 points lower compression result in a 50% increase of VE?
No, not very likely.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by jasonlp
Guess you missed the cfm numbers that were temporarily posted from the improved head that originally was apart of making those numbers

The project is slow moving, but should completed finally this year Having been one of the lucky people to have personally driven the car at points along its way I can say

Yeah, but things really start to move when you reach PLAID.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 AM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

I'm sure the car is fast, no doubt about it.
But 443 rwhp means 503 crank hp when using 12% transmission losses.
Now, 503 hp at 16 psi means the engine is producing around 240 crank hp in N/A form.
So... 240 hp from an engine that produces 163 hp stock.
So could a high flowing head, a different cam, a better header but 2.9 points lower compression result in a 50% increase of VE?
No, not very likely.
Doesn't matter the people who have worked on the car aren't saying "not likely" so just sit back, relax and wait like the rest of us. I just saw the car today being worked on, new rods. The car is finally back in some good hands

P.S. Higher at the crank in N/A form

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Yeah, but things really start to move when you reach PLAID.
I wonder if it was the inspiration for the Turbo S

Quick Reply: 2.7l @ 16psi