Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Please Help-Anybody using LR MAF and Zeitronix WBO2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Upon decel the injectors turn off so the wb will show it's highest value.

I'm not sure what problems you're having now, but getting the wb signal into the piggyback won't change anything. Sure, it's easier to datalog but it's easy enough to get a good base tune in the Mafterburner with just a laptop with the software and a seperate wb-gauge.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:57 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 200 miles away from the car at the moment. I'm trying to get all the info sorted so I can install everything RIGHT when I'm back at the car.

Yes, it reads 21:1 w/ injectors off, but the linear wide band output that was suggested to use by Matt @ Lindsey reads only 9.6-19.6. I know my WB O2 sensor reads outside that range (both higher and lower) as I've watched it. Doesn't make sense to me that I should have one AFR range displayed on my Zeitronix and a smaller one on my MAFterburner...all from the same source (the WBO2sensor).
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It doesn't matter because in reality your car will never run at either the higher or lower scale of that range. So you don't have to worry about it.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:01 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was comparing the ranges to illustrate that it would be inaccurate to use the wrong voltage signal.

Here's another way to look at: by looking at the two graphs supplied by Zeitronix, and posted on the last page, we see that..

1volt=11.6 AFR (linear scale)
vs.
1volt=~10.8 AFR (non linear scale)

I always thought 10.8 was significantly richer than 11.6?

Duke, (and others) I do appreciate all thoughts on this! I did the STUPID thing and began installing this w/o doing all the research first but that doesn't change the fact that all the money I've spent on this stuff is significant $$$$ to me and I expect my car to run RIGHT.

Matt @ LR told me to use the linear output so I will; I assume he's right and that it will work correctly when I select the Zeitronix WBO2 on the MAFterburner program. I just think it would be rather inaccurate to use the wrong one.....

Quick Reply: Please Help-Anybody using LR MAF and Zeitronix WBO2?