Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

NTB: Steering Wheel Horn Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NTB: Steering Wheel Horn Assembly

I REALLY need to know if anybody has the horn related stuff that goes behind the steering wheel.

My car has a Momo hub adapter since the steering wheel was changed and the horn stuff was removed.

I've had a couple encounters on the street where SUVs dont see me!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a horn contact on your new steering wheel, with some sort of wire to it so it can be grounded to the horn signal or this a race wheel?

If yes, then due to the fact that you have a 1987 turn signal, which had the air bag horn connector, you probably should get an 86 turn signal assembly. You need to pull the hub of the steering wheel and see what it has on the back for a contact point if any, like a brass/bronze/copper ring area - which can work with an 86 assembly. Then you take the horn wire (yellow/blk single connection under the turn signal assembly), extend the wire and put a female pin connector on it from radio shack, push into pin 71 on the white connector that was on the back right side of the turn signal assembly. This is the pin that will activate the horn when you push a horn button.

Here is the thread when I put in my 968CS steering wheel. The ring that you see, is the back base of the steering wheel and makes contact with the copper strip on the 86 turn signal assembly. HTH.
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/408530-my-968cs-steering-wheel-install-long.html

Quick Reply: NTB: Steering Wheel Horn Assembly