Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

This can't be good...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:08 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These cars will suck you in like no other. Just something about them, that I find much better then any other car. I could have had many more cars, but the people that have those cars aren't the crowd for me. I have been around the WRX, Evo, Civic and whatever else types of people. Haven't liked them. One of the better crowds is the Supra 2J guys. Now that's a fun crowd to be around when you have 800hp Supras taking off!

Most of the the guys now a days (under 25) just don't know how to mod a car. I hate the way some of these people mod their cars. It's unbelievable that they think it looks good. That's another reason why I steer clear. Sure, they have a 600hp civic...but it's probably the dirtiest, most thrown together car I have seen.

A good quote I heard was "Porsche - It's like children...you can't understand until you've had one."
Old 03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

One of the better crowds is the Supra 2J guys.
Agreed those guys are extremely helpful and from what I have seen so far have a very balanced perspective. I came across a thread on a supra forum about a guy putting a 2jz in his foxbody. Rather than flame him, they commended him and offered helpful advice. 10+ pages with not one flame or even a hit of attitude or disrespect. After spending so much time on here that baffled me!.

Ps. Miata guys are the WORST! They bicker like a bunch of dudes in Gavin Newsome marriage!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

That they are. We'll be at a cruise in and I'll ask to see some 600hp civics motor setup. They get defensive and say it's nothing to look at it. I'll turn around and go ask the supra guys and they are glad to pop their hood.

Supras take money to be nice as well as fast. Can't say the same for civics. You can buy a civic hatch for a grand and sink another 10-15k into and have one fast car. That's all they do though. So thrown together.

Other crowds I don't like are the LS1 guys. Man...they do NOT like the invading 4 bangers. Nice and loud cars, but they turn their nose up around here.

Plus, driving a Porsche to a cruise in, naturally everyone asks "is it fast?" or "wanna race?"...
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 AM
kiyoskia

I live in Tampa, and I've only seen one other red 951 in all my time living here (12 years)...and it belongs to my PO. Everyone who sees my car can't help but at least glance at it, and I'm always catching people staring at it at red lights.

Is it true that the Cayman is the next generation in the 924/44/68 lineup? I think I saw something about it on Wikipedia, but I want to hear from you guys...
Old 03-17-2008, 09:42 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

May as well be although it's engine is in the wrong position. There is a definite lineage in the Cayman though. I really like it personally and they do go pretty damn well straight out of the box. If Porsche ever does a proper RS version it will be awesome.
As for these SuperSupras, what are they really like? I imagine that the ones with the Uber Stupid horsepower are really meant for drag purposes only, but even a mild one with 800-1000hp, I can't believe that it's going to be 2 or 3 times faster than my car let alone on the track. We never see many Supras on the track. I don't get the impression that either the cars or the drivers fancy corners much?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiyoskia
Rice is a Toyota Corolla with a big wing and rims. No matter what you do, it will never be fast.

Eclipses have the ability to be fast...but most of the people who buy them end up spending their money on aesthetics.

I flick cigarette butts at cars with APC windshield decals.
i can beg to differ. AE86 can be pretty fast given the right mods
Old 03-17-2008, 10:42 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
These cars will suck you in like no other. Just something about them, that I find much better then any other car. I could have had many more cars, but the people that have those cars aren't the crowd for me. I have been around the WRX, Evo, Civic and whatever else types of people. Haven't liked them. One of the better crowds is the Supra 2J guys. Now that's a fun crowd to be around when you have 800hp Supras taking off!

Most of the the guys now a days (under 25) just don't know how to mod a car. I hate the way some of these people mod their cars. It's unbelievable that they think it looks good. That's another reason why I steer clear. Sure, they have a 600hp civic...but it's probably the dirtiest, most thrown together car I have seen.

A good quote I heard was "Porsche - It's like children...you can't understand until you've had one."
i am under 25 so i taking offense to that. on another note those supras guys are a little crazy lol. Yeah i know you want mean with civic crowd and etc
Old 03-17-2008, 05:49 PM
88BlueTSiQuest
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reno808
i am under 25 so i taking offense to that. on another note those supras guys are a little crazy lol. Yeah i know you want mean with civic crowd and etc
Check his profile, he is under 20
Old 03-18-2008, 03:11 AM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

I am under 20, but this apple fell far from the tree. I can go to a car show and nit pick the living crap out of every car there. There may be 2-3 cars out of 500 at a show that I absolutely like. I know how to do a car right, and if I don't have the money to do it right, I won't try to. Thats where most honda people and others mess up. They don't budget. Budgeting/ planning your car is a very important thing to do to have the car turn out right. You don't buy the body pieces before the wheels. And you don't buy motor parts before body parts. True, some guys have some wild motors, but their car still looks like crap.

And no, the supra guys aren't into corners. They are into the 1/4 mile. Although, I don't think a supra is that bad of a corner taker. They have some pretty good setups and can be made into road carvers (Castrol anybody?).

It all depends on the route. Most supra guys are speed freaks (for good reason). And yes, they are verry crazy. Anyone ever seen a Supra 2-Steppin it? Check out the video.

I wouldn't EVER take a supra owner jokingly when he talks about racing. They mean business and they are fast! I think a Supra is one of the only stock bodied import cars that can run 7's. These things are downright nasty. Toyota hasn't ever built a more amazing machine. Well...besides their pick ups.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 AM
kiyoskia

^ ...

Quick Reply: This can't be good...