Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

3rd 3.2 Soon to hit the Road

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
mikeroz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd 3.2 Soon to hit the Road

Oh well after Paul and Ben's posts I thought I’d better do my bit too.
As both Paul and Jon kindly left the privilege of posting the spec sheet of my forth coming 3.2 here goes:

Engine:
Head - Lindsey Racing Level 4 2.7 head with turbo exhaust valves LR springs & Moly retainers all checked and refitted by SPS for JM Garages.
LR Solid lifter cam tower and LR Webcam #274 cam and LR Adjustable cam gear.
LR Steam vent kit.
3.2 litre 4 cylinder - 108mm bore, 88mm Stroke.
Arrow H section steel conrods.

Induction system:
Silver Powder coated SFR Inlet Manifold
Tial F46 wastegate
Tial BOV
SFR Intercooler and stainless steel Intercooler pipes

Engine Management:
Electromotive Tec3 (yes tech 3 not tech3r) with SFR 951 loom (still waiting to arrive)
96lb injectors and Bosch 044 motor sport pump
EGT gauge and probe
Oil pressure and temp gauge (Spa)
Dynojet Wideband commander AFR gauge and wideband lambda sensor

Turbo and Exhaust:
Full T04 Turbo clone with 67mm compressor and 76 mm turbine - dual roller BB water cooled.
SFR stage 2 headers v band x-over and SFR 3 inch downpipe from turbo leading to Fabspeed 3 inch test pipe to full 4 inch Fabspeed system.

Gearbox:
Fully stripped inspected and any parts replaced as necessary by SPS via JMG.

Brakes:
Standard M030 calipers completely stripped powder coated in yellow and rebuilt with OEM rebuild kits. Cross-drilled discs. ATE Racing blue fluid.

Suspension wheels and tyres:
Dynatech Motorsport camber plates KW perches and Strut brace.
KW variant 3 (still to buy - waiting until car is back)
Bridgestone S02 pole position 225/45 17s and 255/40 17s on cup 1 or turbo twist alloys (Still to buy tyres as above, but I have both sets of wheels and have yet to decide which to fit the tyres to).

I think that's it for about now.
Before anyone asks I haven't seen my car for a long time and have no photos worth posting at the moment. When it's finished I'll sign up to Rennlist and post the photos - I promise.
All the best to you all
Mike
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Sounds another great build out of Jon's garage there Mike. Look forward to hearing and seeing your progress. I think you may be upgrading your brakes pretty soon though. lol
Do you plan to get on the track or is this just a street beast? Apparently KW is coming out with a 'Clubsport' pack that may fall between the V3's and the Competition versions.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice spec Mike. I see you took the brave route and opted for standalone. Hopefully the information gained by JM tuning the other 3.2 cars will stand you in good stead with some idea of where to head for with the fuelling and timing values. I am still trying to get my timing spot on although the car drives nicely now the power is not quite where it should be. Some other issues holding me back but it looks like you have specced your car right from the start. Your exhaust mods (downpipe) and IC will stand you in good stead to make good power from the start. Good luck with the mapping I will be interested to see where you end up with timing values.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
nick_968
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, by the way how did you get on fitting the SFR headers to your RHD car?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by nick_968
Oh, by the way how did you get on fitting the SFR headers to your RHD car?
Yes I'm curious about that too as it can't be done without major changes that mean it's easier to get some custom ones done.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:02 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeroz
Before anyone asks I haven't seen my car for a long time and have no photos worth posting at the moment. When it's finished I'll sign up to Rennlist and post the photos - I promise.
Mike, good luck with your 3.2L. That's a very neat build you have there. I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing it too.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 AM
mikeroz
Advanced

The headers haven't been offered up yet. Work was supposed to have been started last Monday but there was the small matter of the wrong turbo being sent over from the States. Just one of those frustrating mistakes which fortunately appears to have been resolved very efficiently. The new one should be winging its way over right now.
Patrick, that's interesting about the KW clubsports package. I'll have to have a chat with them at KW. As for my proposed useage, well mainly road with occasional track use.
As for bigger brakes - well maybe I will, only time will tell. For the mean time though they'll have to wait I'm trying to spend only on essentials now becase costs have spiralled significantly over my orignal budget. I though that if the standard M030 brakes were as new then that was a good start anyway.
Cheers for now
Mke
Old 03-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Diver944
Pro

Great post Mike, it's nice to see the final specs in one place. I saw the car yesterday with the engine all installed and Jon even showed me the SFR go faster goodies. The Turbo that was wrong looked to be a monster I almost wanted to slip it into my pocket on the way home With all the goodies and proper tuning I think yours should easily surpass mine by an extra 50% straight out of the box and I really hope all the confidence about power levels for our gearbox rings true.

Your car was wet when I saw it but I think the bodyshop have done a good job, it was glistening with it's fresh red paint and I think you will be very satisfied when you get her back.

For my own experience with standard brakes and that much power, you'll be fine on the road but if you do track it make sure you have plenty of cooling and don't stay out for more than a few laps - seriously.
Rear 255 tyres will not give you any traction either
Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 AM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

I want vids of these beasts. 3.2 is starting to seem like the new thing. Go big or go home. I don't like going home...

Quick Reply: 3rd 3.2 Soon to hit the Road