Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question: Ground control camber plates & paragon coilover conversion & ride height

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Ground control camber plates & paragon coilover conversion & ride height

Hi,

I just installed GC camber plates and the Paragon Koni coilover conversion kit.

With the lower spring perch fully raised, the maximum ride height when measured from the ground to the fender lip is just about 25 inches. (Springs = hypercoil 400#).

25 inches seems just about as low as I want to go and I'm surprised to see the perch at the full upper setting to get the height.

Do you have this setup? About where are your lower perches set?

Jeff
Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
mclarenno9
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to need longer springs.

Taken from: https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=1#post5115056

I have just dealt with this issue. I installed the ARHK with 400# springs. Paragon originally sent me 8" springs but the perches would have had to be at the top of the collar for me to be at a normal ride height, maybe around 25" from the ground to top of the wheel arch. That is about 5.25" from the bottom of the caster mounts to the ground IIRC.

So, I exchanged them for the 10" springs and now my perch sits in the middle of its adjustment range. I could go at least an inch lower if I wanted to. The big question here is what type of camber plates / strut mounts are you going to be using? I am using the KLA solid mounts. If I would have had the older type ground control / paragon camber plates the 8" spring might have worked fine since they make the upper perch sit 3/4"-1" lower than my current configuration with the KLA's...
Old 02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

OK. Exact same issue.

Did Jason do a zero dollar swap or did they charge you something?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:51 PM
mclarenno9
Pro

Zero dollar swap.

Just tell him your problem. I am guessing you got the 8" ones like I had. I have 10's on there now and the perch is right in the middle at 25". The 400# 10" springs took awhile to ship however as they didnt have them in stock and had to special order them. So, I had to wait for Hypercoil to drop-ship them right to my house. Jason just told me to return the old ones at my convenience.

I am attacking the torsion bars as we speak.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Jeff N.
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Sounds like we are doing the exact same swap. I'll be curious to hear how the torsion bar swap goes - that's next. How are you determining your ride height target?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:37 AM
mclarenno9
Pro

Jeff,

I am using this procedure here: http://members.rennlist.com/m758/TbarReindex.htm

Give thanks to M758! I hope it works for me on the first try but we'll see! I might not get to work on it till the weekend though... Oh BTW I am going to 30mm torsions and Koni yellows in the rear.

Quick Reply: Question: Ground control camber plates & paragon coilover conversion & ride height