Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

2nd 3.2 Finally ready - First impressions

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:00 PM
indi9xx
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its good to know you made it back OK Ben and your sticking to the plan.

With running in these engines, 90% of the running in is over and done with in the first 60 seconds of running up for the first time has far as the rings go... Then the car goes on the dyno and sees 200 road miles.

The 1200 miles, isnt so much 1200 miles of running in, more like 1200 miles of care and attention, partly for the engine, but also to make sure a car thats been off the road for a while does not shake anything loose and if it does, its not putting down a massive amount of torque or at a crazy high speed if/when it happens.

Also Ben needs to keep it low on power now until it gets its last few odd items fitted, such as the final exhaust, wastegate, boost controller, and also gets a final map set in the Vitesse PiggyBack.

Mike's 3.2 (number 3) is all installed in the car and just waiting for an ECU and loom.. This one should be a monster... Its up to him if he wants to mention the specification.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Diver944
Pro

Originally Posted by DivineE
I picked up the car yesterday afternoon (couln't wait any longer!!) .
Oooh you little bugger, I went all the way down there today expecting to see all three 3.2's in the same day but yours was missing Glad to hear you got home safely and have already done 500 miles without any glitches. I saw Mikes for the first time and it is looking very expectant with it's engine in place and new paintwork to match. I also saw the new shiny bits waiting to go under the hood, but I'll let Mike talk about them.

Oh did I mention the tiny matter of a ride in the fastest 951 I've ever been in, and it had no roof Jon has done an awesome job with a 2.5 Turbo Cabrio, it's black riding on 18" black/silver speedlines and it goes like stink. My Mrs would love it, it scared the crap outta me
Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Diver944
Pro

Ben has just taken me out for a little ride in his car

I'd forgotten just how civilised and smooth these engines can be and yet still go very quickly even at extreeeeeemly low boost and low rpm. Cruising along in bunched traffic in 5th gear at the legal limit is whisper quiet and then all of sudden the traffic clears, Ben squeezes the throttle and with no fuss at all we are soon doing 120 and closing on the next bunch

You definately need wider rears than the 235's you currently have grip will be a big issue when you get some more boost
Old 03-01-2008, 06:04 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

235's ?!?! Ben, get some more folding out and shod that car with some decent wheels and rubber!

Quick Reply: 2nd 3.2 Finally ready - First impressions