Old 02-07-2008, 09:00 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
Zt-2---- +/- .75 ??????????????????
Todt,
Could you please post the info as to who tested those units and came up with the results, Very interesting results in regards to accuracy and latency as i do believe most of them except the NGK use's the same sensr........good post ..
Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope to finish my Innovate WB install this month, I just have been having too many interruptuions. I plan to have my WB display in my Greddy e-01 boost controller, which will datalog and graph my boost,a/f, and rpm . With that I plan then to tune Tims blow through MAF. Mann I am so ready to get this done.

Steve
Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 PM
ENGINEERMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My 2 cents worth

I have had my innovate wide band for a couple of years now and it works great. I am runnig in conjunction with the Mafterburner piggyback and it is a great system. Allow datalogging and real time adjustment. Very flexible.
Old 02-08-2008, 02:59 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithr726
Yay mine wins! Innovate can do everything (boost, egt, injectors, RPM) Just you need additional units and they add up to be quite costly compared to the others. The cheapest is without gauge and you'd need the controller($250) and auxbox($250) and the gauge would be an additional $230. But obviously innovate reforms better. Initially I bought the AEM but the the innovate won me over. I was actually seriously looking at the auxbox the other day.

auxbox
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lma3.php
all products
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php
oops I
Do you still have the AEM one? I think I need a new sensor in mine, but want to check before I spring $70 for a new one.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:00 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope sorry, I bought my innovate from the same company that I bought the AEM so they changed it before they shipped it.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

From what I remember about that article there was some conjecture as to the possibility of bias, but I can't substantiate this...just rings a bell.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:12 AM
sawood12
Racer

I also have the innovate on the shelf ready to install. It says in the instructions that the two negative/earth connections should be made to two different earth connections as connecting them to the same can cause interference. Is this a real issue or have people just connected both earth connections to the same earth point?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sawood12
I also have the innovate on the shelf ready to install. It says in the instructions that the two negative/earth connections should be made to two different earth connections as connecting them to the same can cause interference. Is this a real issue or have people just connected both earth connections to the same earth point?
The manual is unclear on the grounding, just use the quick-start guide. The best way is to solder the blue and white wires into one terminal, not separate. It's best to connect it to the engine block but I used one of the studs that goes into the body below the cubby and it works fine.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The two grounds for the LC1 should be put onto seperate lugs and grounded at different points of the car. What the manual says is confusing. How i took it was, the white and blue ground wires are both connected to the same source on the LC1 unit and the reasoning behind grounding them to different points is to reduce noise from a potential not so great ground. It says if you are adding in other portions of the modular tuning setup (AuxBox, or any other Innovate part) you should ground these items to the same point as the white and blue wires.

Anyhow regarding the test, i honestly would not be surprised if the results were 'skewed' a little.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
The two grounds for the LC1 should be put onto seperate lugs and grounded at different points of the car. What the manual says is confusing. How i took it was, the white and blue ground wires are both connected to the same source on the LC1 unit and the reasoning behind grounding them to different points is to reduce noise from a potential not so great ground. It says if you are adding in other portions of the modular tuning setup (AuxBox, or any other Innovate part) you should ground these items to the same point as the white and blue wires.

Anyhow regarding the test, i honestly would not be surprised if the results were 'skewed' a little.
I don't know how the blue and white wires are internally connected in the unit, but in general you want all of your grounds at the same point to prevent ground loops. Grounding the two wires at two different points is not recommended by Innovate.

From the quick-start guide:

"The blue and white wires should all be grounded to the same point. Optimally, these will be soldered to the same lug, and connected to a single point. When this isn't possible, connect each one to a separate lug, and attach in close proximity. Multiple lugs on the same bolt is not optimal, and can result in unwanted signal noise. When possible, soldering is always better than crimping"
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

I soldered mine and attached them to one of the two grounds under the dash on the drivers side. The gauge ground is on the other one.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Todt,
Could you please post the info as to who tested those units and came up with the results, Very interesting results in regards to accuracy and latency as i do believe most of them except the NGK use's the same sensr........good post ..
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...tout/index.php
Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
sawood12
Racer

OK, I see what you mean it is very confusing. The quick start guide says "The Blue, White and Green wires should all be grounded to the same ground source and although these grounds are of the same source, the Blue wire should be wired separate from the White and Green wires to avoid analogue ground noise"!!! Yes, very confusing and contradictory. However it sounds like you can just connect them to the same ground source from your experiences. I have no idea what Innovate are trying to get at with this instruction. Cheers.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
JE_951
Pro

The Hardest part about setting up the LC-1 was getting it to connect to my laptop. The initial hardware set-up is very very easy and should really only take about 30 minutes tops. But when trying to connect it to my laptop I had problems since I dont have a serial port connection. I only had connections using a Keyspan serial to USB connector and remember to do the LM programmer before opening logworks 2. Its very important to do the programmer first. My LC-1 works great, I love it.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:48 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have not finished my install but I have grounded to the black circular bracket behind the cam tower, Innovate reccomed grounding to engine block I fiqured this would do.

Any thoughts on this + or -

Thanks
Steve

Quick Reply: Wideband 02 Shootout