bragging rights

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:13 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
No.
i have no need to lie about it. I don't do it.
The fact that you find that shocking or unbelievable tells me volumes about your lack of maturity and balatant disregard for the safety of others.
It's cool man, you don't have to admit it in front of everyone. Start small, maybe come out to preacher at church. Then work your way up. And just where did you go to be able to judge people so well? obviously you went to the same place where you learned how to spell BLATANT
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShApE
It's cool man, you don't have to admit it in front of everyone. Start small, maybe come out to preacher at church. Then work your way up. And just where did you go to be able to judge people so well? obviously you went to the same place where you learned how to spell BLATANT
That's weak. Nice try kid.
Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
As a normal human being, I'd like to point out that the only person that can really bitch in this thread, is the one who has NEVER done anything like that on the road. Tell me that is you and I'll call you a liar.

-Darwin
I have never been involved in a street race. I have never attempted to street race. This thread is reedonkulous. I bought my pile of junk as a track car.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
I have never been involved in a street race. I have never attempted to street race. This thread is reedonkulous. I bought my pile of junk as a track car.
then tell us about a car that you beat that you couldn't think you could
Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
So I guess you've never sped either?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 AM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

Okay. If you have a story then tell it. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT KIND OF RACING IT IS. ehall you are acting like a moron. Nobody cares how many pictures you have saved on your computer. If you don't like this thread then don't post.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 AM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

I raced a Lambo (or maybe it was an ENZO) the other day and absolutely PWNED it!!!!

I just don't think he knew we were racing.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Here is a video of street race between a highly modified civic si vs my car, we were doing at least 150mph when I finally passed him, you can see it all in the video. All of this happended about 7am in heavy traffic on the 60 fwy, we were endangering so many lives, even woman and children it was so funny, men I love street racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtX0ZhasQA

I remember that day as we were speeding on the freeway I cut it off a group of senior citizens that were driving a buick, lol and they ended up crashing againts the center divider, poor old bastards, lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShApE
Okay. If you have a story then tell it. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT KIND OF RACING IT IS. ehall you are acting like a moron. Nobody cares how many pictures you have saved on your computer. If you don't like this thread then don't post.
My, who is looking like the moron. I am sure a couple of more insults will improve the technical scope of this post.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonestock951S
As a normal human being, I'd like to point out that the only person that can really bitch in this thread, is the one who has NEVER done anything like that on the road. Tell me that is you and I'll call you a liar.

-Darwin
The first sentence in the introduction of the thread says "this thread is dedicated to kills." You challenged somebody to indicate they had never "done that." "That" is a pronoun, which in the context of this thread referred to street racing. I claimed I had never street raced. I never claimed anything about speeding. Clearly speeding is subsumed when you are street racing, but two things taken separately are not commensurable.

There is a gradient to speeding. With street racing there is no gradient of stupid conduct. Street racing is not cool and never has been. This thread is st00pid.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:11 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Btw, one of the old farts died because he was ejected from the car, rolfmao, his brains were splattered all over the hwy.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Gator.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:56 AM
RPHARRIS
Racer

In the 1/4 mile I've beaten:

MR2-turbo with upgraded turbo and full exhaust with gutted cats
Various bolt-on mustangs
lots of neons, civics, and other low budget junk
Lots of misc. restored muscle cars with 'mild' builds.

In autocross:
Just about any car you can think of (including an Elise).
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 AM
eniac
Drifting

Speeding or "spirited" driving is acceptable here given EVERYONE here has exceeded the speed limit at some point, most by a fair amount. Most people here have put their pedal on the floor to see what their car can do, or just for fun on an empty road late at night, it's part of owning a performance car.

So if you put a car next to you and do the exact same thing then it's suddenly endangering lives, your both now idiots driving vehicular weapons of death. I just don't see the difference.

Driving fast on the street requires it's own level of responsibility. Doesn 't matter if your racing someone else or driving fast....your doing the same actions and speeding the same regardless. Case in point, just look at a recent 951 post someone rolled that wasn't even racing. He didn't get much flack for that but imagine the response had some other car been next him keeping up when he went off the road. Again, I just don't see the difference. Street racing got a bad image because of all the irresponsible teens with thier civics which they never even learned how to properly drive. Even just a decade ago, street racing didn't appear nearly as bad as it does now. Here in Michigan we have many country roads that no person would be seen walking on ever, just miles of corn stalks in the summer. Driving fast or racing here, your pretty much only endangering yourself.

That said, I'll post a kill here that involved street racing BUT I wasn't speeding. Last summer, some modded Eclipse with ground effects and lots of neon wanted to race me. I was casually driving along when he pulled up next to me and did the "lunge". I told him to slow down and just go when he was ready. He seemed confused when I told him just to go whenever, I didn't need a countdown, nor a horn signal. He slowed down to about 15mph then hit the gas, as did I shortly after. I eased up next to him while he had his car floored. When I was even with his door, I then down shifted and hit the gas. Both my rear tires screamed as my car tore past his as if he had slammed on the brakes. He was so shocked and impressed he wanted to race once more just to see my car's power again. So I obliged. The speed limit was 70mph and both times we raced I didn't even need to go over 60mph. This is no "kill" to brag about by any means but I wanted to post a true story where I raced but kept below the stated safe speed limit.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:58 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i had the same story on the way to tenn. to a car show a few years back in my turbo supra. Guy in a talon wanted to race and his bud had a video camera...i said go ahead. He floored it..i waited a second then launched past him and let off. His bud thought it was pretty funny.

Quick Reply: bragging rights