Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Blow off valve that will make a loud "choo" sound for my 951

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry, but to knowingly and willingly sacrifice your cars tuning and performance for a pointless, annoying SOUND, because you heard it on the Fast and the Furious and your friend's Veetek is just ludicrous. Please, just sell your car and put your rice on a Japanese import.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danny951
I'm sorry, but to knowingly and willingly sacrifice your cars tuning and performance for a pointless, annoying SOUND, because you heard it on the Fast and the Furious and your friend's Honduh is just ludicrous. Please, just sell your car and buy something that does what you want.
Dude, i can agree with you but that's a bit harsh. It doesn't make that much of a difference really. Its not like hes putting a big wing on the back of a FWD street car or something.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:47 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, sorry I was a little harsh, but if somebody likes the sound so much, I heard about a CD you can get and it has the sound recorded on it, you just crank up your stereo and roll down the windows and you get that "choo" sound without losing any performance! Maybe that would be a better and cheaper alternative to venting your bypass valve to atmosphere.

... still too harsh? My bad...

No, I guess if you get down to it, you could say that by installing an amplifier and subwoofer in my own car, I'm kind of doing the same thing -- decreasing performance (adding weight) for a sound, albeit for me the sound is in the form of music and not just engine noise.. of course by removing the spare tire, jack and compressor, I did offset some of that added weight. I guess whatever floats your boat, some people like that sounds so much as to sacrifice performance (and gas mileage?) for it, much like I like a clear-sounding stereo with nice balanced lows and crisp highs.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:55 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Yeah, sorry I was a little harsh, but if somebody likes the sound so much, I heard about a CD you can get and it has the sound recorded on it, you just crank up your stereo and roll down the windows and you get that "choo" sound without losing any performance! Maybe that would be a better and cheaper alternative to venting your bypass valve to atmosphere.

... still too harsh? My bad...
If you have your car tuned for it then why not just do it? Allot of higher end valves are designed to be vented to atmospere. for a street car with a correct tune the differnce in transient spoolup is negligable, am I right? I don't buy that it really hurts performance that much.

I dont think it matters that much either way, just personal preference thats all.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:05 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but our cars can't just be tuned for it unless you swap to a MAP system since the air is metered air that is lost after it is accounted for. I don't know that you could tune for that since you don't always vent the same amount of air each time. It'd just be guess work. I don't think the valve itself has anything to do with whether or not it affects your performance.. the air is lost, your turbo has to work harder to spool up again.. decreased performance.

I've heard people say both ways as to whether or not it affects performance. On paper it seems like it would, but who knows...
Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, but our cars can't just be tuned for it unless you swap to a MAP system since the air is metered air that is lost after it is accounted for. I don't know that you could tune for that since you don't always vent the same amount of air each time. It'd just be guess work. I don't think the valve itself has anything to do with whether or not it affects your performance.. the air is lost, your turbo has to work harder to spool up again.. decreased performance.

I've heard people say both ways as to whether or not it affects performance. On paper it seems like it would, but who knows...
Also, most good maf's can be run in a blow-through configuration but I might be wrong.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I the only one here who dislikes MAF sensors?

Regardless, In terms of performance a BOV is better then a CBV/recirculation valve by a large amount. Anyone who really wants to see maximum performance from an automobile will go to a BOV.

-Fishey
Old 12-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Stalzie
Advanced

I am not looking for people to bash what I want to do, I want them to help me do what I want to do. I obviously dont want to lose performance which I wont because I am asking for peoples opinions on the best way to do this without losing performance. I think I am gonna save up for a MAF. I just purchased the Lindey Instant HP package.
By the way, I will NEVER sell my 951. Trust me, it's my favorite car in the world!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Originally Posted by Stalzie
I am not looking for people to bash what I want to do, I want them to help me do what I want to do. I obviously dont want to lose performance which I wont because I am asking for peoples opinions on the best way to do this without losing performance. I think I am gonna save up for a MAF. I just purchased the Lindey Instant HP package.
By the way, I will NEVER sell my 951. Trust me, it's my favorite car in the world!
Let me know if you still feel the same way after you work on the car or send it to a shop and see the bill
Old 12-17-2007, 01:18 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

He has the shop do all the work although I told him im available to do some small installs on his car for him
Old 12-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Stalzie
Advanced

Already been to the shop plenty. Wanna see my list of replacements and fixes haha? I just work more hours. Doesn't matter, my favorite car in the world.
Thanks again Tim; I will give you a call when I get everything in!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Acetylene
Pro

??wtf??? Danny951, dont' you think thats a little judgemental and elitist? How about you buy your car and modify it your way and he buys his car and modifies it his way. I have never had a negative post on here, but you've struck a nerve...and why I am at it why don't you bring your non-rice 951 down here so I can give it the *** whoopiong it deserves with my riced out (because of a BOV??) 951.
...and while I am at it, enigne noise is the sweetest form of music
Old 12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Mikes3.0cabturbo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Stalzie, my experience on the blow off noise - I have a stock Porsche BOV fitted, plumbed back into the inlet like stock, however I run a MAP, K&N behind the headlight thru a 3" alloy inlet to the turbo - "its very loud"
rgds
mike
Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by georgeleroy
Easier yet, just roll down your window, lean over and say "choo" whenever you think anyone who cares is listening.
amen!

Quick Reply: Blow off valve that will make a loud "choo" sound for my 951