Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Brightest headlights for 951?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 AM
76 911s
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
I ran E code lenses and bi-xenon HIDs in my last 944, awesome light and no need to upgrade the wiring as the HIDs only draw 35 watts a side. Some friends run a similar setup in a NASA 25 hour Miata. You can upgrade your wiring and put in 100 watt bulbs and still the HIDs will put you on the trailer. They are fantastic. I started with E codes with stockish H4 bulbs and upgraded to the HID setup. Both were dramatic improvements.

-Joel.
Ahh but are you talking in terms of the light color, or actual 'improvements' in vision distance with the HID vs. heavy duty wiring and big bulbs? Don't be tricked into thinking that whiter means more light... When my dad got his e39 5series, I thought that the Xenons would be great, but I was very disappointed with the washed out appearence they gave the road.

Also, when it rains, or the road surface is wet, the blue/white color of HID light doesn't provide any contrast, while halogens remain strong because of the warmer color.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 AM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, I've got a set of Icesharks full boat at the house sitting in a box... I really need to get around to installing that sucker!

Quick Reply: Brightest headlights for 951?