Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

question for the rhd guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default question for the rhd guys

How does the factory run the battery cables to the back of the car? Through the cabin or under? Anybody have pics? Im seriously looking to relocate the battery to the back and run a lightweight battery where theres a little more room.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:19 PM
goldminer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My battery is in the LH rear corner and the cables are run inside to a junction box under the passenger seat ie all cables are inside the car. My car is at the workshop at the moment but I'll get some photos when I can.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Check with member Robby. He will have all the info you need. We have sent him pics too. He has got the remaining ICESHARK inventory.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Cory- I've been down for awhile- bad few months... Not sure if you've tried contacting me, but YES, I do have pics these guys sent me- it's really cool btw & I do still have the cable stuff, so we can do something for you. The only hold up I'm having is that I've been out of fuses for a few months & can't find more of the same that Dan used. Not sure what to do, but maybe offer cables w/out the fuses, since the factory did them that way & they've done fine... Get in touch if you need some pics- PM me your e-mail addy, etc...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

333- what is THAT a picture of in your avatar??? I mean, I know it's a crank, but can you let us have some details? How is your project going???
Old 02-14-2008, 03:44 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

well not sure of the factory set up but I have converted other cars to rear mount here are some tips
the postive terminal of the starter becomes the main positive for the engine bay then run 50mm sqware cable up through the shifter boot under the carpet 30mm cable from the altenater to startet for charge is OK.
And when buying the cable ask for welding cable
Old 02-14-2008, 04:39 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Hey Robby, funny that two posts are almost one on top of the other with you involved. Hope you can get some of that inventory out there. It always has a good reputation.
That's just my crank before install. It's had a fair bit chopped out so it's a real spinner. Nice combo with the lite fly for engine/gear revmatching. Project is almost together.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:49 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Gt37vgt- wait a sec- why would you need to chage where the main positive is? The kits that Dan did replaced the stock set-up. He used 0G or 1G & 4G welding cable throughout, so I have all this stuff, as well as his "military spec" terminals, "heavy-duty" eyelets, etc... He used a two cable negative- two large gauge cables coming off the large terminal, connected just like stock. THEN, for the positives, he had three total cables- one is a "supplemental" positive, so you connected the battery to the starter, the starter to the alternator, & then the battery to the fuse box.

When I mount the battery in the rear, I was going to delete the fuses from the Iceshark positives (he had fused two of the three positives) & run them straight from the battery to the starter & fuse box. Obviously, I'd have to make longer hoses & will have to contend w/getting them over the exhaust, but that's not that big of a deal. So if I'm off on something, please let me know, b/c in all honesty, i'm a bit out of my element here- all I did was buy the rest of the Iceahark stuff & am slowly getting rid of it to people who missed out. I'd really like to understand this stuff a bit better....
Old 02-14-2008, 04:58 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Patrick- actually, it's not that coincidental- I typed in my name for a quick search to see if anyone was looking for me or anything & came across both of these threads. Thanks for all the kind words. I dropped the ball for a few months there, so I hope I haven't put anyone off on this stuff. I've just been way too depressed to deal w/it, to be honest. The one thing I CAN say for myself is, I have not taken ANY $ for ANYTHING that I have not sent, so I'm batting 1000% there... I just hate to keep promising to get back into this stuff & keep delaying, so I'm hoping to find some more fuses in the next week or so- otherwise, I'll just offer these kits w/out. I can sell them pre-built w/out fuses for less than the regular price, OR, not prebuilt (for even a little cheaper) & then the buyer can put them together w/fuses of his choice, or w/out. I just don't know any other way to do it as I've NEVER had such trouble finding a damn fuse before :-)

Is it a 968 crank? What is the final disp of your project/ How did you finally decide to do the pistons- sleeves, etc...? I'm seriously considering a V8 now. I just keep reading too many cool things about them, concerning cost- they're readily available, they're lighter, etc... After 9months w/out my car, I feel like I could have had a 5.7L easier than my 2.5L- it's been frustrating...

Quick Reply: question for the rhd guys