Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

a few parts I wish someone would make

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007 | 04:06 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by evil 944t
OMG your so right, I feel like a complete jerk. Thanks for another RL apples to apples comparison.

Someone please call JMF and find out how many they made and have to sell to be able to offer them at $475. Also ask them how much that mill costs. Oh wait, I forgot we are not supposed to charge for machine usage, that should all be on the shops dime..

Why doesn't someone produce one and let us all know how to do it. I'm done with my rant, continue posting..
Machine cost for CNC isn't expensive if you have the programming.
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:09 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

OMG your so right, I feel like a complete jerk. Thanks for another RL apples to apples comparison.

Someone please call JMF and find out how many they made and have to sell to be able to offer them at $475. Also ask them how much that mill costs. Oh wait, I forgot we are not supposed to charge for machine usage, that should all be on the shops dime..

Why doesn't someone produce one and let us all know how to do it. I'm done with my rant, continue posting..
Yea, quit being a dumb dumb...

Intakes like SFR are just re using the flange to the head they are not even making a new one. So you know that 4 pipes and a Velocity stack + plenum is so $1000 worth of intake!
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:14 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

So who has the programming? Do you have Solid Works or something else that can model parts? If you don't have the ability to design the part and offer the programming then how much do you think it will cost?
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:21 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
So who has the programming? Do you have Solid Works or something else that can model parts? If you don't have the ability to design the part and offer the programming then how much do you think it will cost?

Chris, don't bother. He's the "Official Rennlist E-Thug!"
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:28 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Chris, don't bother. He's the "Official Rennlist E-Thug!"
I want to do the intakes myself but I don't where to buy that machine, I went to home depot and asked for a CNC lathe and they just laugh, did I say something wrong?
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:35 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
I want to do the intakes myself but I don't where to buy that machine, I went to home depot and asked for a CNC lathe and they just laugh, did I say something wrong?
You don't need one, you can use copper pipes and solder it up! Perhaps PVC and if that doesn't work, you can crap in it..
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:38 PM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Chris Prack
I have solid works and my uncle is a CNC programmer (along with other things) it cost me a total of $30 to make the flange for my S2 outside of the metal cost.
Old 12-01-2007 | 04:46 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You don't need one, you can use copper pipes and solder it up! Perhaps PVC and if that doesn't work, you can crap in it..
Okay fishey, you done it you pissed the heck out of evil. but it is okay you are in the brotherhood as long as you have a 951 right?
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:02 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Fishey
I have solid works and my uncle is a CNC programmer (along with other things) it cost me a total of $30 to make the flange for my S2 outside of the metal cost.

Start making them!!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:02 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
Okay fishey, you done it you pissed the heck out of evil. but it is okay you are in the brotherhood as long as you have a 951 right?
pissed? nah,

I can't argue that its cheaper for him to do it. If I had a grandfather to machine stuff for free, I would tell everyone here they are wrong too. I would guess he got his solidworks program free too.
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:20 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Originally Posted by Fishey
Yea, quit being a dumb dumb...

Intakes like SFR are just re using the flange to the head they are not even making a new one. So you know that 4 pipes and a Velocity stack + plenum is so $1000 worth of intake!
We buy used intake manifolds to use the flange from Parts heaven for $150 a piece.We did this so we didnt have to do a big production run of CNC'd flanges that would just sit on the shelf. We also build the plenums out of a flat peice of .120 wall 5052 and use a 40 ton hydraulic press in a special die to form the plenum.Then we take a flat sheet of .120 wall 5052 and use a special press tool to press our stacks into that plate.Then we found a place that sells .120 mandrel bends to make the runners.Our next step is too weld the runners and bungs to the stack plate from the inide and out and then we hand finish the inside before we weld the plenum to it.There is alot of labor involved.
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:34 PM
TurboTim
Banned

pissed? nah,

I can't argue that its cheaper for him to do it. If I had a grandfather to machine stuff for free, I would tell everyone here they are wrong too. I would guess he got his solidworks program free too.

That makes two of us that are getting pissed with this dude!!!!!!!!!! Well maybe just one, me!!!!!!!! And anyone can steal a copy of Solidworks off of the internet if they look hard enough.LOL.But using it and then tranfering your drawing to Mastercam or equivilant and then setting up the CNC, etc.......is a whole another story.

Last edited by TurboTim; 12-01-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-01-2007 | 05:44 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bscpanther
please stop, you guys are hurting my feelings, no of course not. Hey Dave, "YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD!"......um.... yeah it didn't do much for me either. You have to look at my perspective. I'm reading this from someone with what looks like their superhero as an avatar. Not exactly an argument I would try to make but I'm sure it's just me. A few of you guys shouldn't try so hard to make enemies, it's not worth the trouble. I'm all about sharing information and even disagreeing but I don't get talking crap to someone you don't know. Should I be crying right now? On a serious note, Dave did you get beat up alot with a mouth like that... if not it's probably because you do all your trash talking in your "fantasy world". Lets just stick to what were good at. I'll keep brain storming for new and different ways to benefit the P-community and you think of some good come back lines. Don't be sad if I don't respond.
BSC, no one is denying you your right to brainstorm or fantasize, it's just that the people who are calling you out are experienced at these matters. As I said before, if you can do it, then do so. Shut us all up and we'd be happy. We have all thought from time to time "Jeez why is that part so expensive? I'm sure I could do it cheaper" and very occasionally someone does make something a bit cheaper THAT works. Don't forget that little clanger, it has to work too. As for getting personal I think that you were the one to overstep above.
Good luck on your mission.
Oh, and that avatar is a character out of the Zoolander film...not a superhero from what I can remember. lol
Old 12-01-2007 | 06:06 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bscpanther
please stop, you guys are hurting my feelings, no of course not. Hey Dave, "YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD!"......um.... yeah it didn't do much for me either. You have to look at my perspective. I'm reading this from someone with what looks like their superhero as an avatar. Not exactly an argument I would try to make but I'm sure it's just me. A few of you guys shouldn't try so hard to make enemies, it's not worth the trouble. I'm all about sharing information and even disagreeing but I don't get talking crap to someone you don't know. Should I be crying right now? On a serious note, Dave did you get beat up alot with a mouth like that... if not it's probably because you do all your trash talking in your "fantasy world". Lets just stick to what were good at. I'll keep brain storming for new and different ways to benifit the P-community and you think of some good come back lines. Don't be sad if I don't respond.
lol, thats funny, First off, I'm not mad, pissed or the slight bit worked up. Its funny how many ways you can read something and take it personal.

All I'm trying to do is share my experiences. You can take it in a negative sense and get all pissed off and trash my Dereck Zoolander Avatar, lol(Ben Stiller movie) while your brainstorming and I will continue to help you understand that there is a bit more to building a manifold, then you think.

I told you earlier, I welcome anyones ideas but, I don't see any, so I shared mine. If you can make one cheaper and better than whats out there, do it. If you can't then don't trash others . BUT again, If you can, let me know and I will buy 2 from you. It would save me money and It would give me more time to spend on the RL.

Have fun and wear safety glasses.
Old 12-01-2007 | 06:32 PM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Group Buy?

Quick Reply: a few parts I wish someone would make