Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Duall BB GT30 custom install phase I finished. PHASE II

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 01:22 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
I'm at a similar stage with my gt35vgt I made a engine mount this allowed me to move the turbo forward and down and rotate it and position just right , you should do the same it is paying off now i'm doing the crossover
. just wish i could get 3.5 inch past the starter motor .
Big cross over??? maybe make the secondaries longer mine are going across to the other side .I also considered putting the turbo in the AC position and crossover going under the engine mount and 3" over the engine mount .

Will you be able to rotate the rear housing so the turbine inlet is facing down ??
3076 or 3082 ???

Looks great can't wait to see your next step
All excellent questions that clearly state you've been doing the same thing. But, I made the decision to keep the stock mounting area for a few reasons. To see if I could do it. So others might be able to copy on their somewhat stock setup. - I haven't gotten to the intake, so this might be a lost cause. But yeah. Absolutely I thought about completely re-making the engine mount to put my Turbo wherever I wanted it and to get a direct up shot to the turbo with the up pipe. But. I wanted to try and keep this simpler also. hence, this path. The ultimate way would be to completey change the turbo/engine mount though. I do agree. just not this time. Your positioning ideas are great though.

I too thought about longer secondaries, but that was in combination with a full long tube header set-up. I'm trying to reel in my lack of machining limits and trying to keep it as simple as possible. If I do everything my gut wants me too. This will just take too long! So Im just trying to concentrate on the most obvious bottle necks. Clearly the up pipe is a true bottle neck!

GT3076. -15 Garret compressor wheel to match the high boost/horsepower numbers I am looking for. T-3 4 bolt Garret Turbine Housing. I didn't want the newer surge cover since I feel it's not needed. A few points of efficiency are lost with that. I couldn't get it anyway with this compressor wheel.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by anders44
good writeup!

my tialsport GT30R 0.82 v-band arrives next week! so soon I will be batteling the same problems, appreciate the sharing.
I was so close to just splurging with that tialsport Turbine housing. HOT!!!!!!!! I am jealous.

Last edited by 95ONE; 11-04-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:28 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by special tool
Dude - very nice work, but why the small turbo when you like the 1/4??
Ha ha. Well.. I've mentioned it before, and typically I never tell. I just surprise people, but.

I chose this turbo because it is the perfect match for road course events. And then, when I want to drag race, which yes, I have a lot of fun doing. I will have more fun doing it in this car. (Unsuspecting) ...

I have another 100shot of nitrous ready to go. I've already welded in the bung to the intercooler piping and set up the solenoids.

I'm not sure I want to go too far with the nitrous though for fear of lifting the head. I might have to reign those feeling in too, and just keep it a shot for getting out of the hole MUCH quicker and then bringing it down to a 40shot up top.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:31 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by eniac
For the oil line I would suggest buying or copying the Lindsey oil line kit w/ filter. I bought my kit from them as it came with everything plus plenty of extra SS hose. The nice part is the banjo fitting off the balance cover that allows much more room then a 90' fitting would. The end feeding into the turbo came with a 45' angle fitting which that and the extra hose allowed me to route the line behind the intake along the firewall and back up around the master cylinder into the turbo.
That's right. I remember seeing this kit there. Thanks. I will probably just buy that then.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Rogue just pointed me to this site. SWEET piece. Thanks Rogue.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=BCS

I gave him this reply as to weather or not it will work.

"Very cool part, but it moves the turbo to the left or to the right. To the right will give you less room. oh so very precious room for the up pipe. (Edit-seems to be very true) To the left might be better.(Edit - better if you don't have elongated 4 bolt exhaust housing) Your angle grinder is your friend. Then, you have to grind the mount ALOT skinnier. (Edit- No. Not really. just a little.) I don't think that's much of a problem though. But.. I'm not sure if the bottom of the Turbine housing is going to clear at the bottom. (Edit - It clears by a long shot) I don't think it is high enough.-( - Edit - Its a great height. ) In the end, my part is probably too high (Yes it is too high) and won't let the intake clear. I'm gonna have to do something fancy anyway."

Its SOOO cheap. Looks quality. I think If you stick just another regular ball bearing flange on top of that, it will give you JUST enough hieght to clear the mount, but will be shorter than mine to help with the intake. (Edit - It clears great as is.)

I'm going to buy this now and wait on the part to get here. test fit it and give results. Has anyone used this yet?

Last edited by 95ONE; 11-04-2007 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not use a banjo bolt for the oil line...?
Old 10-30-2007, 01:53 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by theedge
Why not use a banjo bolt for the oil line...?
yeah, doing that with the lindsey kit!

Edit: Never mind. It's nothing I thought it was. I'll just buy a banjo fitting and others that will fit together. I don't feel a need for all that filter stuff.

Last edited by 95ONE; 10-31-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:43 PM
nize
Banned

oh wow, lots of work to get that thing in.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:44 PM
gt37vgt
Drifting

the thing that helped my up pipe was turning my turbo (anti clockwise looking down on it ) the turbine inlet is moved back and away from the guard and the compressor outlet points more forward.
will you rotate the turbine housing to eliminate the last elbow on the up pipe .???

I couldn't re-clock my turbo so i couldn't.

I think I will use a little coil of copper tube for the oil feed it wont file through my stuff and 4 loops may shed a little oil heat going into the turbo ,
how much was that sexy turbo ???
i think they are the next group buy
when this stupid VGT thing of mine jams up I'm in the market for one of them
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
porschefig
Three Wheelin'

NEWBIE QUESTION
Am I correct on this:

95ONE's turbo is a GT series center cartridge and a T3/4 housing ?
Nize's turbo is a T series center cartridge and a T3/4 housing ?

95ONE's is available in a 56 trim while Nize's is available in 57?
Both are available in a .63 a/r?
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM
nize
Banned

my turbo is actually available in any size/combination and i think you can get it up to 75trim compressor, but check with pauertuning.com

my turbo is also a plug-and-play stock fit, which was an important factor in my decision.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't quote me but last time I checked you MUST use a stage 3 turbine in either a 8 or 10 hotside, Nize.

No thanks.

Edit: I don't mean to make this a debate. Let's not ruin this thread, good info on here.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great thread! We just need to convince someone to cast some "GT" compatible motor-mounts...

Rogue
Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
the thing that helped my up pipe was turning my turbo (anti clockwise looking down on it ) the turbine inlet is moved back and away from the guard and the compressor outlet points more forward.
will you rotate the turbine housing to eliminate the last elbow on the up pipe?
I couldn't re-clock my turbo so i couldn't.
The stock mount keeps me from pointing the inlet down on the turbine very much. There's also not any room left for the nut or bolt to attach the up pipe if you turn it as far down as possible.

I don't think I'll have to do more than one 90 there.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Nein-Five-won
Instructor

Awesome write up. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Quick Reply: Duall BB GT30 custom install phase I finished. PHASE II