Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Problem with coolant.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007 | 05:15 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Default Problem with coolant.....

Ok, I have been driving my car around and everything is going good. Only problem is I cant keep my coolant level above the min mark. I have not tried releasing air through the bolt(dont know exactly where its at) so that could be the issue. Also, two other things concern me :

1)I just deleted the heater valve control and now my car seems to run at the 2nd notch on the stock temp gauge (used to run right in the middle). Is this normal??? Sometimes it even dips just slightly below that?? It will eventually get to about a quarter notch below the half way mark if I let the car sit at a red light.

2) It looks like I see coolant running through the LR vent kit??? (I thought only steam should be going through here) Could this be because of a blown head gasket?? The car runs perfect (a little rich at times) so is there an easy way to tell if I have a head gasket issue.
Old 10-28-2007 | 05:54 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

The bleed bolt is on the back side of the water neck, coming out of the head at the front - where you have a short pc of hose and then the hard water pipe. It's probably under the spark plug wires, right where they go to #1 cylinder, it's 12mm; this bolt is drilled and has a side hole in it, do not torque it like a head stud . If you recently did all that work, you need to bleed the system.

Did you ever put a hose from the outlet pipe back to the water pipe over the exhaust or just cap it? yes, water is supposed to flow through the LR kit to Prevent steam from gathering.
Old 10-28-2007 | 06:06 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

I know water is supposed to go through the steam vent kit but I see small amounts of coolant running through it after long runs??

Did you ever put a hose from the outlet pipe back to the water pipe over the exhaust or just cap it? I honestly dont know... I would have check later on today.

Quick Reply: Problem with coolant.....