Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Texas Mile Just ran - Eddie Bello!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Texas Mile Just ran - Eddie Bello!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...c90049d78e.htm

More of just Eddie getting to the Texas Mile:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/texas-mile/153053590

Last edited by toddk911; 10-23-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Anyone here?

1 Brooks, Andrew 951 E140 SC Porsche/944/Black/1986 142.410 144.653
Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Here is another link to his 1154hp 911
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=756549
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Here is a video of him blowing off the roof!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=VRAlexander

Fun event!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by VRAlexander

Fun event!
Yeah. The last supra is a guy we used to work with. He's here in Houston. Tommy is a little asian guy. I would NEVER get in a car with him. He's asian.... But no seriously. I wouldn't get in a car with him. Especially his.

We used to do a lot of Aluminum welding for him. I don't think any Supra he had put together had any less than 1000 hp. I think this one Dynoed somewhere between 1300 and 1600 Horsepower.

I'll be at the next one? I hope so. My Turbo is in.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:39 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Personally I wish Eddie would drop off the Porsche scene completely. Anyone who was a victim of his group probably feels the same way. It amazes me how a scumbag charged with auto theft of Porsche's gets invited to anything like this. Funny that parts were flying off the car - probably not tied down good enough after their transplant from the original owners car.

MOUNT VERNON: STOLEN PORSCHE RING -- A race car driver was among three Mount Vernon businessmen arrested over the weekend on charges related to auto theft, the Westchester County district attorney's office said yesterday. District Attorney Jeanine F. Pirro said Eddie Bello, 35, a drag racer of Porsches, stocked Porsche engine parts with defaced vehicle identification numbers at his auto body shop, while two other repair shop owners had parts and entire cars -- including Porsches -- that appeared to be stolen. David W. Chen (NYT)
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Another article with more details:

Eddie Bello Busted as Part of Luxury Car Theft Ring
3/28/2001

NEW YORK - WCBS - This report found on www.cbsnewyork.com - There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Haha, that's funny. So many people questioned and knocked on that guy. Most of the 930/964/993 guys just refused to believe his car could make that kind of power. I guess 219mph proves it pretty well.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

219 mph + some serious 1/4 mile times prove serious power.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:18 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VRAlexander

Fun event!

What did you do to that transmission????
Old 10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Another article with more details:

Eddie Bello Busted as Part of Luxury Car Theft Ring
3/28/2001

NEW YORK - WCBS - This report found on www.cbsnewyork.com - There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.
As it turned out Eddie did not ever serve any jail time and all charges were dropped for zero supporting evidence. During the investigations he lost his big sponsor with Toyo Tires though
Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
Anyone here?

1 Brooks, Andrew 951
I met Andrew there a couple years ago. He surfs the board a little, but I can't remember his screen name.

Andrew's 951 is extremely clean. Very nice car.

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I'll be at the next one? I hope so. My Turbo is in.
Bruce, I'll have to give you a call. I'm due to go back. I have friends that never miss it.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Fabio421
Man of many SIGs
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

No matter what type of person he is, its apparent the he can build a fast car. I think we should give him credit for that.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a bunch of friends go. Got some crazy footage. Its a fun event.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Geez in the video following Eddie's journey to the Texas Mile event....I think I heard one of the guys say 2084miles....That's awesome to drive your car to Texas, go 200mph+ then drive all the way home!!

Quick Reply: Texas Mile Just ran - Eddie Bello!!!