Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*Emergency* Clutch problem.!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:27 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's how I did it. Start w/fewer washers, then add to pull the shaft out as you turn the bolt.
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Auto_Werks 3.6
Quit Smokin'
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 193 Posts

Did you take the "set screw" bolt out, the one that won't let the clutch fork shaft slide out?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:26 PM
progenitor04
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i doubt it ..any1 else got any ideas
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
progenitor04
Instructor

thats smart mtnman ima try that tommrrow thank u lots i think that will actually werk... and yes i took out the set screw.. i was bout to drill lil holes all the way around the damn thing!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:52 PM
progenitor04
Instructor

well i jus tried that today and the outcome not good the bolt snapped right in there i cant do it no more im sendin it to a shop to get that pice of **** taken out
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The bolt broke off in the end of the shaft? Must be hella stuck in there. Are you sure the socket was completely clearing the shaft when you were cranking on the bolt? If not, the socket would be braced against the shaft itself and when you cranked on the bolt the only thing to give would be the bolt itself (i.e. stretching and breaking). Bummer this didn't work for you (BTW - can't take credit for the idea, got it from this forum ...). I'd see if I can get the broke bolt out (drill/easy out) and try again. There's a little hole in the bellhousing at the other end of the shaft - see if you can get some PB Blaster in there, and then thread a bolt into the shaft and try to get it loose enough to rotate it. Once it's that loose, you should be able to extract it with the bolt/socket/washers. And IMHO I wouldn't try drilling holes into the bellhousing around the shaft - I think that might lead to more problems.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:30 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nein-Five-won
I was driving home and my clutch stayed depressed and I pulled it up and now I cannot engage the clutch, I can't even push it down. Had to drive home and change gears without using the clutch. Im pretty sure it's the clutch slave cylinder. Where is this located and how do I get to it? 786 294 5676 Call me is you can provide help! - Mike
You...ummm might want to add this tidbit of info on your ebay car sale. I'm kinda CERTAIN a buyer would want to know about this.

Otherwise, nice car. Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:42 PM
951Saga
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ehall check his posting date… I too have missed this in the past.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh! My bad. Long day. Now I really want to buy the car. Hmmm...need to check the account.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
progenitor04
Instructor

yea the socket was clearing the pin shaft..check this though i went to a couple of shops and explained my problem and nobody wants to deal wit it and have no idea how to deal wit it...so im goin to plan?....Z...im gonna drill lil holes around the shaft spray some pb and get a slide hammer to it...thats all i got left
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See if you can reach it from the top, I did this with the engine out of the car so I'm not sure how much room there is for you, but I just used a long 3/8" extension and hammered the pin out from the top side.
If you can't do this you may end up pulling the engine just to do it, or maybe just dropping it down a couple inches.

Sounds like the pin has siezed in place, either due to the needle bearings rusting or something else. If you're able to remove the bolt that snapped off, here is one last ditch idea, remove the little pin that locks the top in place (just use a small screwdriver or allen key and hammer it into the bellhousing area, you can recover it after) then use a hammer and suitable extension/bar/something to push the pin upwards, then once it has come free maybe it will pull out the bottom easier?

I don't know if there is enough room to hammer it out the top but that may also be an option, since there is a hole in the bellhousing there for it to go through.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Nein-Five-won
Instructor

Wow, this is old stuff. Yeah I ended up fixing this and throwing in a new clutch as well. Car runs fantastic. It was tedious but it turned out great in the end.

Quick Reply: *Emergency* Clutch problem.!