Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FOR SALE: Very Nice 944 Turbo Race Car Project - now with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG
>>>This thing has the right engineering in the suspension. Anyone contemplating building a track car would be miles ahead starting with this. Great bargain<<<

Yep. I'm tempted even though I don't need another project. It's tough to watch just sitting there calling out my name...

TonyG
I'm hearing the chassis call out my name too. It's saying "Jeff, why did you run out of time to work on me???" Tony, the cool thing about my chassis is that if someone wanted to install a big hp/tq V8 in it, at least the brake and clutch master cylinders are not in the engine bay to get in the way. AND, the cage work is definitely strong enough to handle the power!!

Jeff
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
Please keep in mind the main tubes for this cage are 1.5" diameter 4130 chromoly with a 0.095" wall thickness (as opposed to 0.120" wall). The chromoly tubing is very strong and the thinner wall makes the cage relatively light. The rear section of the cage was built with the intent to remove a significant portion of the stock steel tub in the rear of the car. I just haven't done that yet so the new buyer can proceed with as much (or as little) removal of the factory steel as they desire. The cage was also built with the intent to run a very high hp/tq engine with very wide wheels, a very big wing and very high cornering speeds / stress.

Jeff
Makes perfect sense Jeff and if not for one or two mitigating circumstances I'd be snapping it up. Unfortunately being down under is one of them and that's not likely to change in the near future.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

This confirms that my chassis and 968 block have been sold. I will now begin the process of contacting the many folks who have responded with interest on all of my other parts.

Best regards,
Jeff
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
2bridges
Drifting

congrats on sale Jeff. I am glad it found a home
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in the carbon fiber hood. Does it have provisions for hinges?

Thanks,

TonyG
Old 10-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Originally Posted by TonyG
I'm interested in the carbon fiber hood. Does it have provisions for hinges?

Thanks,
TonyG
Tony, yes, the hood does have provisions for hinges. The underside of the hood is basically a carbon fiber reproduction of the steel framework under a stock hood so the hinges can bolt right up to it. However, this hood is best used on a race car. I've sent you a PM.

Jeff
Old 10-19-2007, 08:55 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Kind of sorry to see it go as I flirted with the project in my mind. Glad you were successful though, and I hope whoever bought it might keep us updated to it's progress.
Good luck with the new car!
Old 03-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

I am replying to this old thread to bring back the memories of the 944 turbo race car project that I sold back in October of 2007 so I could focus on the 911 race car that I bought back then and still own. The reason why I am brining this back up is that I just realized that I STILL have some great 944 turbo parts that I forgot that I still have (some of them were intended for my 944 turbo race car project). I have been so busy with work, family, travel, working on and racing the 911, etc, etc, that I have never taken the time to sell these parts.

I am going to start a separate thread for the parts that I still have such as a limited slip “AOR” transaxle, new Lindsey Racing dual port wastegate, polished stainless steel 2.5” exhaust, new cup clutch disc, new pressure plate, new release bearing, new engine mounts, intercooler, factory front “batwing”, factory turbo side skirts, etc.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

I tried to change the title of this thread to "SOLD . . ." from "FOR SALE . . ." but it is clear that I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Jeff
Old 03-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff Lamb
I tried to change the title of this thread to "SOLD . . ." from "FOR SALE . . ." but it is clear that I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Jeff
https://rennlist.com/forums/4075032-post2.html
Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Jeff Lamb
Pro

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
Brian, thanks for the link. Now that I know thread titles get locked after 1 week, that solves the mystery!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: FOR SALE: Very Nice 944 Turbo Race Car Project - now with PICS