Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Which boost controller?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's doubtful anyone would notice a difference between the single solenoid and dual solenoid units. The main benefit is the dual solenoid units (speaking about Blitz units, not sure about other brands) are much more substantial in durability (you can tell by the physical size alone). They're really geared more for higher horsepower/higher boost applications where it might be beneficial to have the added security of a stronger solenoid setup. They work perfectly fine on "lower" power setups, however the dual solenoid units aren't really necessary. Both the single and dual solenoid units otherwise work perfectly fine on any type of setup. You can easily save a decent amount of money going with say the Blitz Dual SBC Spec S as opposed to the R (the S is a single solenoid). I wouldn't think to much into it. Pretty much any Blitz EBC is excellent quality, so is the Apexi AVC-R, HKS EVC-5 (tricky to setup in "learn" mode), etc. Just don't waste time with used 10 year old EBC's off Ebay and you'll be just fine.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by eniac
I have been using the Apex'i AVC-R for a few years now and love it. The only few complaints I have is the injector duty cycle wont work for ours cars(its not needed), the pressure units do not show in bar nor PSI(kg/cm2), and it's only a single solenoid.

The good stuff about it is way too much for me to list, gear based boost, scramble boost, self learning function, independant duty cycle adjustment, etc. I have heard that it can be switched to a duel solenoid but have yet to see how, also there was a way to get the injector duty cycle working but there really is no reason to need it so I haven't bothered.
Mine shows in bar??
Old 10-10-2007, 07:24 PM
xtaC
Racer

I use a Blitz SBC ID Color and couldn't be happier with it.

Easy to set up, easy to use, works very well.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Profec A (self learning one) and I liked it. No solenoids, it had a stepper motor.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:59 AM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Mine shows in bar??
Hmm, Maybe they updated it since I got mine 3 years ago. Bar and kg/cm2 are very close:

Bar = 14.5 psi
kg/cm2 = 14.22 psi

Quick Reply: Which boost controller?