Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My Turbo is still for sale with new price $13999, pictures inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:33 PM
2002M3Drew
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the problem you will have with that car at that price is that it looks like a half-completed race car project. It isn't nearly nice enough for a $13,500 street 951 (cracked dash, little front speakers without grilles, no door pockets, Crutchfield-special stereo), but isn't stripped or finished enough for a proper track car.

Since it appears to be closer to a track car, I'd finish stripping it out, remove the stereo and speakers and door panels and everything, and then sell the car and those removed parts separately. The recently rebuilt and fortified motor will be a plus to DE people. Good luck with your sale.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
BULGARI
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002M3Drew
I think the problem you will have with that car at that price is that it looks like a half-completed race car project. It isn't nearly nice enough for a $13,500 street 951 (cracked dash, little front speakers without grilles, no door pockets, Crutchfield-special stereo), but isn't stripped or finished enough for a proper track car.

Since it appears to be closer to a track car, I'd finish stripping it out, remove the stereo and speakers and door panels and everything, and then sell the car and those removed parts separately. The recently rebuilt and fortified motor will be a plus to DE people. Good luck with your sale.
There isn't much you can remove, i have installed the cd player, speakers and carpet. What do you suggest? Remove the carpet ,player and install the roll cage and then try to sell?
Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

I'd put a nice dash in it.

Put the speaker grills on and put the shift boot/**** back.

Get rid of all the insulation in the back and put the entire interior back stock except the rear seats. Leave the single race seat, leave the steering wheel, leave the door panels, leave the roll bar/harnesses.

It's pretty easy to find 951 interior stuff used (cheap). You could get all the stuff you need for $500 or so.

The car would look finished (and be finished), and would get the kind of money you are looking for (I know the car when Paul had it) or more.... and it's more certainly worth a lot more than $10k if you clean up the interior.

Other than the interior, it's a nice car with a ton of money invested in it.

That's what I would do.

TonyG
Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 AM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

+1 on Tony's response.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyG
I'd put a nice dash in it.

Put the speaker grills on and put the shift boot/**** back.

Get rid of all the insulation in the back and put the entire interior back stock except the rear seats. Leave the single race seat, leave the steering wheel, leave the door panels, leave the roll bar/harnesses.

It's pretty easy to find 951 interior stuff used (cheap). You could get all the stuff you need for $500 or so.

The car would look finished (and be finished), and would get the kind of money you are looking for (I know the car when Paul had it) or more.... and it's more certainly worth a lot more than $10k if you clean up the interior.

Other than the interior, it's a nice car with a ton of money invested in it.

That's what I would do.

TonyG

That is what I would do also.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:34 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

I noticed the holes behind the drivers door, are those for easy indexing fo the torsion bars?
Would those be covered up if I did that on my car and installed 968 rockers?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:17 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Those would be for the removed torsion bars (the quick way). The car runs coil over suspension.

Now-a-days... we can pull the torsion bars by simply cutting off the end of the torsion bar carrier (Spring Plate) and don't need to cut a hole in the fender (ala project 951 V8). This is WAY faster than any other method, and doesn't require cutting the fenders, and doesn't require taking any of the rear suspension apart.

TonyG

>>>I noticed the holes behind the drivers door, are those for easy indexing fo the torsion bars?
Would those be covered up if I did that on my car and installed 968 rockers?<<<

Last edited by TonyG; 10-07-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
JE_951
Pro

I would put the rear carpet back in (or maybe just take out that mat stuff), push the speaker grills on, shift boot, glove box, and get a dash cover. Maybe even paint the sunroof too. you can take it to maaco and have them paint it for about $150 probably. Then it would be a street car. I too see a half finished track car also. WOuld maybe be worth the asking price but even so, if the car had a good interior and paint I still would only give about 14k tops.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:56 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TonyG
Those would be for the removed torsion bars (the quick way). The car runs coil over suspension.

Now-a-days... we can pull the torsion bars by simply cutting off the end of the torsion bar carrier and don't need to cut a hole in the fender (ala project 951 V8). This is WAY faster than any other method, and doesn't require cutting the fenders, and doesn't require taking any of the rear suspension apart.

TonyG

>>>I noticed the holes behind the drivers door, are those for easy indexing fo the torsion bars?
Would those be covered up if I did that on my car and installed 968 rockers?<<<
Ok wait, Your saying if you are going to convert to coil overs? how does cutting the end of the carrier help? isnt the torsion bar still quite long? what about just for reindexing?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

It allows you to pull the torsion bars out, and remove them in pieces (6" pieces).

You can't reindex this way. If you cut off the ends of the torsion carrier (really called the Spring Plate), you can't run torsion bars at all (unless you replace the Spring Plates).

TonyG

Originally Posted by M Danger
Ok wait, Your saying if you are going to convert to coil overs? how does cutting the end of the carrier help? isnt the torsion bar still quite long? what about just for reindexing?

Quick Reply: My Turbo is still for sale with new price $13999, pictures inside