Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Found the coolant leak.... Heater Delete Help??? (update on PG 2)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, that first picture is the hose that comes off the head to the heater core bypass valve. They fail often, I had one blow on me at that track. Take that hose, and I think i went to autozone, or home depot and get the same style hose, cut it to length and you are done!

I'm not so sure about your second question, but if that line is solid, the odds are if coming from the heater controls inside the car. If so you can just remove all of that.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i am not going to be using any of the heater controls anymore so I guess Ill just rip that out.... but if I get a bar to replace where the plastic round heater part goes, will I still have heat?? From what people say, it looks like I will. Just wanted to confirm that... otherwise i will be ripping the hoses out of the firewall and running a hose from the back of the intake manifold to above the headers.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
eniac
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlacknRedGT
well i am not going to be using any of the heater controls anymore so I guess Ill just rip that out.... but if I get a bar to replace where the plastic round heater part goes, will I still have heat?? From what people say, it looks like I will. Just wanted to confirm that... otherwise i will be ripping the hoses out of the firewall and running a hose from the back of the intake manifold to above the headers.
You will still have heat if you only remove that valve. The vavle is only there to help the engine warm up quicker. To get rid of your heater completely you will need to bypass the heater core as you stated by removing the hoses from the firewall.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:08 PM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

Thats what I was looking for... Thanks eniac and hopefully this will help anyone else looking to do the same in the future.

Last edited by BlacknRedGT; 09-20-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlacknRedGT
Thats what I was looking for... Thanks eniac and hopefully this will help anyone else looking to do the same in the future.
www.dcauto.com

you can look at parts diagrams and figure out what to remove and what to plug and what not. but yes, you can just bypass the core if you want, but you may as well remove it.

Quick Reply: Found the coolant leak.... Heater Delete Help??? (update on PG 2)