Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Replacing MAX chips with original Autothority chips

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not bashing anyone, I am simply sharing my experience with the MAX chips in case maybe there might be someone out there who has the same problem to see if I can resolve the issue. At no time did I say anything bad or negative about Russell, so get your interpretation of this thread right, ok? I have talked to Russell on several occassions and he is right up there with Mike and Wes at LR, so stop trying to make something out of nothing as we have the paparazzi for that. No, it's not a bad FPR...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Have you checked for any kind of boost-leaks? A leak after the turbo will cause the car to run rich under boost.

Rogue
No, there are no leaks, vacuum or otherwise, I did the venturi delete recently and all exhaust leaks were fixed with the new HG work and fresh exhaust studs and gaskets...
Old 09-12-2007, 10:43 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LFA951
I am putting back my Autothority MAF 30C chips back because the MAX chips are way to rich. I tried putting the FQS on #2 which is -3.1% like Russell recommended put it made no difference or minimal if any, the car is still sluggish and cuts out in 4th or 5th gear while accelerating gently or cruising, misfiring and doesn't feel smooth and my mpg is ridiculous, a lot of black smoke at WOT, pulled out a plug and it had shiny black sludge on the back of the electrode and gas around the top confirming that it's misfiring cause it's too rich, plus it smells like gas. With the Autothority chips, it was always smooth at any rpm range and it never misfired or backfired or cut out in 4th or 5th while cruising or accelerating or releasing the throttle. I blew the hg with them cause I floored it in 4th gear and it leaned out, so no more WOT in 4th and I'll be fine!
You have options. One of them is to return the chips to me for a full refund. Another would be to rework the fuel maps on the autothority chips if you like them other than the fuel issues. Or I could send you another set of my chips, remapped based on your input. But without data logging either of those options would be tedious at best. Feel free to give me a call any time to discuss your options. 877-502-2756. One other thing, are you using the Autothority KLR chip with my DME chip? I thought I sent you one, but I could be thinking of someone else. I can't keep all the RL names and real names straight.

Regards,
Russell
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No, there are no leaks, vacuum or otherwise, I did the venturi delete recently and all exhaust leaks were fixed with the new HG work and fresh exhaust studs and gaskets...
There are leaks that are only under boost... have you pressurized your intake system to confirm this?

Rogue
Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

I am not bashing anyone, I am simply sharing my experience with the MAX chips in case maybe there might be someone out there who has the same problem to see if I can resolve the issue. At no time did I say anything bad or negative about Russell, so get your interpretation of this thread right, ok? I have talked to Russell on several occassions and he is right up there with Mike and Wes at LR, so stop trying to make something out of nothing as we have the paparazzi for that. No, it's not a bad FPR...
I hate to say this but from reading your post without looking at any other replies it sounded like you are bashing the Max chip or Russell.

Just my opinion from reading your post.

Sorry....
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 AM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

wow.... I have a 951 max chip along with tons of other people who havnt noticed anything but a big improvement over there other chips. (Mine being autoauthority) I barely talked to Russell through emails when buying the chip and he always said from the start that if I had any problems just to give him a call.

Maybe you should talk with him. Im sure he would be able to remap it to work or help you out.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:10 AM
BlacknRedGT
Pro

whoops... just saw his post above
Old 09-13-2007, 12:12 AM
LFA951
Drifting

There are leaks that are only under boost... have you pressurized your intake system to confirm this?

Rogue
Once again, no vacuum leaks, I have all new updated hoses under the intake, no venturi, no ISV, vacuum stays at a constant 18 on warm idle...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:17 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by cas951
I hate to say this but from reading your post without looking at any other replies it sounded like you are bashing the Max chip or Russell.

Just my opinion from reading your post.

Sorry....
Once again, I am sharing my experience with the chips to see if this is common, all I said was that my car was running to rich, which is a simple observation. Now, it's a fact that the MAX chips max out the fuel delivery on the stock injectors because of the fuel mapping in all ranges of the rpms and it's been my experience from reading several threads both recent and past here that say that the chips make the car run a little richer, I never said his chips were no good or anything of that nature...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:19 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by rberry951
You have options. One of them is to return the chips to me for a full refund. Another would be to rework the fuel maps on the autothority chips if you like them other than the fuel issues. Or I could send you another set of my chips, remapped based on your input. But without data logging either of those options would be tedious at best. Feel free to give me a call any time to discuss your options. 877-502-2756. One other thing, are you using the Autothority KLR chip with my DME chip? I thought I sent you one, but I could be thinking of someone else. I can't keep all the RL names and real names straight.

Regards,
Russell
I have both the DME and KLR Max chips, you sent me the KLR and LR sent me the DME.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:28 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Default UPDATE

Now that I caught up on my inquisition and made my replies, I just put in the original Autothority chips I had in there and the idle lowered by about 200 rpm at normal temperature (I raised the idle a half a turn) and I drove it around and noticed that it idled smoother, no backfiring, no bucking or lurching as some of you call it, although she didn't accelerate as ferociously, which is fine cause she's a street car, it did feel smoother, so did the the transition to boost kicking in. I took it on I-95 and opened her up in 4th and 5th gear and she never misfired or hesitated, both accelerating and deccelerating, no coughing or asthma, the black smoke went away and when I put my hand at the tailpipe after getting home, it felt like warm humid air coming out with no smell of gas, No complaints after that run, I think I'm gonna send the chips back to see if they were defective or the wrong match, since the DME came from Mike at LR and the KLR came from Russ, JIK. So that is my experience, no bashing, no pro/con, for or against, just a simple observation being shared with the community, any feedback on any similar experience greatly appreciated...
Old 09-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Once again, no vacuum leaks, I have all new updated hoses under the intake, no venturi, no ISV, vacuum stays at a constant 18 on warm idle...
And once again, Pressure. Very different then vacuum. Certain leaks seal themselves under vacuum, but are obvious under boost. Think pull vs. push.

Rogue
Old 09-13-2007, 12:46 AM
LFA951
Drifting

And once again, Pressure. Very different then vacuum. Certain leaks seal themselves under vacuum, but are obvious under boost. Think pull vs. push.

Rogue
Y dale con lo mismo, look Rogue, did you read my post? Look up top, where it says UPDATE, see where it says that I just put in my old Autothority chips and it is running PERFECT? It wouldn't be like that if I had leak under or whatever, so no leak, I just got a new HG a month and a half ago and the guys at German Performance knew what they were doing and they inspected all that before giving me the car, so please, besides on boost it never gives me problems...
Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Christ. Try to help a guy and get this BS.
You need to actually read what I said...

IF YOU HAVE A BOOST LEAK - THEN IT WILL ONLY GIVE YOU PROBLEMS WHEN IN BOOST.

I can't make this any clearer for you.

I'm glad your satisfied with how your car is running now.
Good luck.

Rogue
Old 09-13-2007, 01:08 AM
LFA951
Drifting

Christ. Try to help a guy and get this BS.
You need to actually read what I said...

IF YOU HAVE A BOOST LEAK - THEN IT WILL ONLY GIVE YOU PROBLEMS WHEN IN BOOST.

I can't make this any clearer for you.

I'm glad your satisfied with how your car is running now.
Good luck.

Rogue
I don't have a boost leak or problems in boost!!

Quick Reply: Replacing MAX chips with original Autothority chips